Committer list [was: Re: NOTICE: Gitolite migration is complete.]

Committer list [was: Re: NOTICE: Gitolite migration is complete.]

Austin Seipp-4
Sounds good to me. I've found the same info useful. In fact, just
yesterday I had added the list of committers I assembled to the
Contributors page:

http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Contributors

I've gone ahead and created a Committers page with more info. It also
lets people know who to contact (me) if they would like access, and
should help people find out who to talk to when they need help.

http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Committers

I went ahead and filled out most of the details on the people I'm
aware of, except for email. I'm not sure what you'd like to publicly
put out there on Trac.

Developers - If you'd like, please take the time to fill in your email
and amend anything I got wrong (e.g. I just put pretty much everyone's
"committer date" as this month.)

(Also, forgive me for looking into most peoples affiliations and
listing them here, but it does help individual identification - and
it's a decently diverse set of places, which is neat in its own
right!)

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 5:54 AM, Simon Peyton-Jones
<simonpj at microsoft.com> wrote:

> Herbert, Austin, Simon
>
> Thanks for taking charge of our git repos.  Very very helpful!
>
> On the question of committers, there's always the danger that we give people commit permission, and several years later they've gone silent and we can barely remember who or why.  I wonder if we should have a "Committers" wiki page, with a bullet for each person in this format:
>
> * Simon Peyton Jones, Microsoft Research, Cambridge, UK.  Trac: simonpj; email: simonpj at microsoft.com.  Added as a committer June 2013.  Main areas of interest: renamer, type checker, optimiser.
>
> I often have trouble connecting people's Trac identity with their email; and it's quite helpful to know which country people are in and where they work.
>
> Do you think that would make sense?  We could also establish the convention that if you don?t commit for a year you'll lose commit access; though it can be re-activated on request.
>
> Simon

Simon Peyton Jones
Thanks Austin. (All on ghc-devs: do chime in.)

* There is some overlap with the [wiki:Contributors] page, but I think that
   serve a purpose.
    - [wiki:Committers] is person-focused
    - [wiki:Contributors] is role-focused
  If that's our intent, perhaps we should move all the person-focused stuff to
  Committters (and re-title it), leaving only the role-focused stuff on Contributors
  (and re-title that too).

  Does that make sense?  We certainly don't want a duplicate list of committers
  on both.

* I think it's right to list email addresses (though please yell if you object).
  We do need to know how to get in touch with committers.

* I like knowing real names, locations, and affiliations.  We are an embodied
   group of colleagues, not avatars.  Again, yell if you object.

If there's a consensus on these latter two points we should maybe say in the "what it means to be a committer" preamble, so that future committers know.

Simon

|  > |
|  > | All,
|  > |
|  > | Push access is now restored and Gitolite is in place! This brings some
|  > | nice updates:
|  > |
|  > |  * There's now access to the 'git' protocol for cloning anonymously.
|  > | This lets you clone even the biggest repos extremely quickly, and is
|  > | the fastest method for getting a copy of the tree.
|  > |  * Firewalled? Cloning over HTTP now uses Smart HTTP support for Git,
|  > | meaning it should be faster too!
|  > |  * We will soon have Gitweb available, once our git.haskell.org CNAME
|  > | is in place. Eventually we'd like something akin to
|  > | https://git.kernel.org/cgit/ possibly.
|  > |  * None of you have shell access to ghc.haskell.org anymore (well,
|  > | this is a nice update for us administrators :)
|  > |
|  > | The following people have had their keys re-added, and should be able
|  > | to push and pull from the new setup.
|  > |
|  > |  * Andreas Voellmy
|  > |  * Austin Seipp
|  > |  * Ben Lippmeier
|  > |  * Iavor Diatchki
|  > |  * David Terei
|  > |  * David Waern
|  > |  * Dimitrios Vytiniotis
|  > |  * Duncan Coutts
|  > |  * Edsko de Vries
|  > |  * Erik de Castro Lopo
|  > |  * Edward Yang
|  > |  * Geoffrey Mainland
|  > |  * Gabor Greif
|  > |  * Herbert Valerio Riedel
|  > |  * Ian Lynagh
|  > |  * Ilya Sergey
|  > |  * Johan Tibell
|  > |  * Jos? Pedro Magalh?es
|  > |  * Jan Stolarek
|  > |  * Manuel Chakravarty
|  > |  * Max Bolingbroke
|  > |  * Nicholas Frisby
|  > |  * Paolo Capriotti
|  > |  * Richard Eisenberg
|  > |  * Roman Leshchinskiy
|  > |  * Ross Patterson
|  > |  * Simon Hengel
|  > |  * Simon Marlow
|  > |  * Simon Peyton Jones
|  > |  * Thomas Schilling
|  > |
|  > | The following people still have shell access for any administrative
|  > | needs:
|  > |
|  > |  * Austin Seipp (and the remaining haskell.org infrastructure team.)
|  > |  * Herbert Valerio Riedel
|  > |  * Ian Lynagh
|  > |
|  > | I have undoubtedly missed some people. Please talk to me and we'll get
|  > | you set up!
|  > |
|  > | If you're a developer, please read about developer changes here:
|  > |
|  > |  * http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/GitolitePlan#Developerchanges
|  > |
|  > | TL;DR: if you have an old tree, run the following four commands from
|  > | the root to fix the push/pull URLs.
|  > |
|  > | $ git checkout master
|  > | $ git pull https://github.com/ghc/ghc.git master
|  > | $ ./sync-all -r ssh://git at ghc.haskell.org remote set-url origin
|  > | $ ./sync-all -r ssh://git at ghc.haskell.org remote set-url --push origin
|  > |
|  > | The reason you must get the latest-copy of ./sync-all is because
|  > | Herbert made some last minute bug fixes. Technically, you could just
|  > | download the latest copy and run it directly, but this is easier and
|  > | fairly straight forward.
|  > |
|  > | Please direct any concerns to me, like if you need something off the
|  > | server, need your shell account back, or need commit access. Over the
|  > | next few days, I'll be cleaning up the wiki - updating references and
|  > | guides on how to check out the source for users and developer. I also
|  > | might be sending out some emails with questions while we refine the
|  > | new setup in the next few days (there were some Trac integration
|  > | changes.)
|  > |
|  > | Also, a gigantic applause for Herbert, who did a lot of the work here!
|  > |
|  > | --
|  > | Regards,
|  > | Austin - PGP: 4096R/0x91384671
|  > |
|  > | _______________________________________________
|  > | ghc-devs mailing list
|  > | ghc-devs at haskell.org
|

|  --
|  Regards,
|  Austin - PGP: 4096R/0x91384671

Committer list [was: Re: NOTICE: Gitolite migration is complete.]

Austin Seipp-4
I thought about the redundancy too, and I'm all for streamlining the
wiki. I went ahead and reorganized stuff a bit.

The 'Contributor' page is now a stub that leads you to:

 - The code owners page, which covers the high level roles people take
on: http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/CodeOwners
 - The GHC Team page, which covers individuals in particular and
joining up: http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/TeamGHC

I decided to put the platform maintainers with the rest of the
committers on the team page and not the owner page, since the format
comes off more as "Individual people to contact", as opposed to "the
general roles people take on." Although I'm open to disagreement.

I also went ahead and filled out most of the remaining details for the
existing team. (You are all free to remove your information as you
wish of course.)

PS: I also realized that Trac won't show emails if you're not logged
in, so this may help prevent some measure of spam. A lot of it seems
to have gone away recently, post-server move.

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 8:45 AM, Simon Peyton-Jones
<simonpj at microsoft.com> wrote:

> Thanks Austin. (All on ghc-devs: do chime in.)
>
> * There is some overlap with the [wiki:Contributors] page, but I think that
>    serve a purpose.
>     - [wiki:Committers] is person-focused
>     - [wiki:Contributors] is role-focused
>   If that's our intent, perhaps we should move all the person-focused stuff to
>   Committters (and re-title it), leaving only the role-focused stuff on Contributors
>   (and re-title that too).
>
>   Does that make sense?  We certainly don't want a duplicate list of committers
>   on both.
>
> * I think it's right to list email addresses (though please yell if you object).
>   We do need to know how to get in touch with committers.
>
> * I like knowing real names, locations, and affiliations.  We are an embodied
>    group of colleagues, not avatars.  Again, yell if you object.
>
> If there's a consensus on these latter two points we should maybe say in the "what it means to be a committer" preamble, so that future committers know.
>
> Simon

Great.   Personally I think "Platform maintainers" would be better under TeamGHC, since it's a kind of ownership of an area.

Everyone: fill in your details on TeamGHC.

Simon

|  > |
|  > |  http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Contributors
|  > |
|  > |  I've gone ahead and created a Committers page with more info. It also
|  > |  lets people know who to contact (me) if they would like access, and
|  > |  should help people find out who to talk to when they need help.
|  > |
|  > |  http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Committers
|  > |
|  > |  I went ahead and filled out most of the details on the people I'm
|  > |  aware of, except for email. I'm not sure what you'd like to publicly
|  > |  put out there on Trac.
|  > |
|  > |  Developers - If you'd like, please take the time to fill in your email
|  > |  and amend anything I got wrong (e.g. I just put pretty much everyone's
|  > |  "committer date" as this month.)
|  > |
|  > |  (Also, forgive me for looking into most peoples affiliations and
|  > |  listing them here, but it does help individual identification - and
|  > |  it's a decently diverse set of places, which is neat in its own
|  > |  right!)
|  > |
|  > |  On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 5:54 AM, Simon Peyton-Jones
|  > |  <simonpj at microsoft.com> wrote:
|  > |  >
|  > |  > Herbert, Austin, Simon
|  > |  >
|  > |  > Thanks for taking charge of our git repos.  Very very helpful!
|  > |  >
|  > |  > On the question of committers, there's always the danger that we give
|  people
|  > |  commit permission, and several years later they've gone silent and we can
|  barely
|  > |  remember who or why.  I wonder if we should have a "Committers" wiki page,
|  > |  with a bullet for each person in this format:
|  > |  >
|  > |  > * Simon Peyton Jones, Microsoft Research, Cambridge, UK.  Trac: simonpj;
|  > |  email: simonpj at microsoft.com.  Added as a committer June 2013.  Main
|  areas of
|  > |  interest: renamer, type checker, optimiser.
|  > |  >
|  > |  > I often have trouble connecting people's Trac identity with their email; and
|  it's
|  > |  quite helpful to know which country people are in and where they work.
|  > |  >
|  > |  > Do you think that would make sense?  We could also establish the
|  convention
|  > |  that if you don?t commit for a year you'll lose commit access; though it can be
|  re-
|  > |  activated on request.
|  > |  >
|  > |  > Simon
|  > |  >
|  > |  > |
|  > |  > | All,
|  > |  > |
|  > |  > | Push access is now restored and Gitolite is in place! This brings some
|  > |  > | nice updates:
|  > |  > |
|  > |  > |  * There's now access to the 'git' protocol for cloning anonymously.
|  > |  > | This lets you clone even the biggest repos extremely quickly, and is
|  > |  > | the fastest method for getting a copy of the tree.
|  > |  > |  * Firewalled? Cloning over HTTP now uses Smart HTTP support for Git,
|  > |  > | meaning it should be faster too!
|  > |  > |  * We will soon have Gitweb available, once our git.haskell.org CNAME
|  > |  > | is in place. Eventually we'd like something akin to
|  > |  > | https://git.kernel.org/cgit/ possibly.
|  > |  > |  * None of you have shell access to ghc.haskell.org anymore (well,
|  > |  > | this is a nice update for us administrators :)
|  > |  > |
|  > |  > | The following people have had their keys re-added, and should be able
|  > |  > | to push and pull from the new setup.
|  > |  > |
|  > |  > |  * Andreas Voellmy
|  > |  > |  * Austin Seipp
|  > |  > |  * Ben Lippmeier
|  > |  > |  * Iavor Diatchki
|  > |  > |  * David Terei
|  > |  > |  * David Waern
|  > |  > |  * Dimitrios Vytiniotis
|  > |  > |  * Duncan Coutts
|  > |  > |  * Edsko de Vries
|  > |  > |  * Erik de Castro Lopo
|  > |  > |  * Edward Yang
|  > |  > |  * Geoffrey Mainland
|  > |  > |  * Gabor Greif
|  > |  > |  * Herbert Valerio Riedel
|  > |  > |  * Ian Lynagh
|  > |  > |  * Ilya Sergey
|  > |  > |  * Johan Tibell
|  > |  > |  * Jos? Pedro Magalh?es
|  > |  > |  * Jan Stolarek
|  > |  > |  * Manuel Chakravarty
|  > |  > |  * Max Bolingbroke
|  > |  > |  * Nicholas Frisby
|  > |  > |  * Paolo Capriotti
|  > |  > |  * Richard Eisenberg
|  > |  > |  * Roman Leshchinskiy
|  > |  > |  * Ross Patterson
|  > |  > |  * Simon Hengel
|  > |  > |  * Simon Marlow
|  > |  > |  * Simon Peyton Jones
|  > |  > |  * Thomas Schilling
|  > |  > |
|  > |  > | The following people still have shell access for any administrative
|  > |  > | needs:
|  > |  > |
|  > |  > |  * Austin Seipp (and the remaining haskell.org infrastructure team.)
|  > |  > |  * Herbert Valerio Riedel
|  > |  > |  * Ian Lynagh
|  > |  > |
|  > |  > | I have undoubtedly missed some people. Please talk to me and we'll get
|  > |  > | you set up!
|  > |  > |
|  > |  > | If you're a developer, please read about developer changes here:
|  > |  > |
|  > |  > |  * http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/GitolitePlan#Developerchanges
|  > |  > |
|  > |  > | TL;DR: if you have an old tree, run the following four commands from
|  > |  > | the root to fix the push/pull URLs.
|  > |  > |
|  > |  > | $ git checkout master
|  > |  > | $ git pull https://github.com/ghc/ghc.git master
|  > |  > | $ ./sync-all -r ssh://git at ghc.haskell.org remote set-url origin
|  > |  > | $ ./sync-all -r ssh://git at ghc.haskell.org remote set-url --push origin
|  > |  > |
|  > |  > | The reason you must get the latest-copy of ./sync-all is because
|  > |  > | Herbert made some last minute bug fixes. Technically, you could just
|  > |  > | download the latest copy and run it directly, but this is easier and
|  > |  > | fairly straight forward.
|  > |  > |
|  > |  > | Please direct any concerns to me, like if you need something off the
|  > |  > | server, need your shell account back, or need commit access. Over the
|  > |  > | next few days, I'll be cleaning up the wiki - updating references and
|  > |  > | guides on how to check out the source for users and developer. I also
|  > |  > | might be sending out some emails with questions while we refine the
|  > |  > | new setup in the next few days (there were some Trac integration
|  > |  > | changes.)
|  > |  > |
|  > |  > | Also, a gigantic applause for Herbert, who did a lot of the work here!
|  > |  > |
|  > |  > | --
|  > |  > | Regards,
|  > |  > | Austin - PGP: 4096R/0x91384671
|  > |  > |
|  > |  > | _______________________________________________
|  > |  > | ghc-devs mailing list
|  > |  > | ghc-devs at haskell.org
|  > |
|  > |
|  > |
|  > |
|  > |  --
|  > |  Regards,
|  > |  Austin - PGP: 4096R/0x91384671
|  >
|

|  --
|  Regards,
|  Austin - PGP: 4096R/0x91384671

Committer list [was: Re: NOTICE: Gitolite migration is complete.]

Richard Eisenberg-2
Would it be sensible to add links to personal academic (or other) websites? I think that might be more helpful to the casual viewer than email addresses, actually.

Richard

On Aug 18, 2013, at 11:50 AM, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:

> Great.   Personally I think "Platform maintainers" would be better under TeamGHC, since it's a kind of ownership of an area.
>
> Everyone: fill in your details on TeamGHC.
>
> Simon

I don't see why not. You can add whatever you want there. I put emails
down for basic consistency - that's how we communicate amongst
ourselves, here on the list, so it's really just a common denominator
where most people will chip in. Some of us generally only do it this
way - so I think the emails may want to stay (perhaps move them to the
bottom, though?)

I'm fine with any sensible means of contact/info being listed, so go for it.

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 4:30 PM, Richard Eisenberg <eir at cis.upenn.edu> wrote:

> Would it be sensible to add links to personal academic (or other) websites? I think that might be more helpful to the casual viewer than email addresses, actually.
>
> Richard
>
> On Aug 18, 2013, at 11:50 AM, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
>
>> Great.   Personally I think "Platform maintainers" would be better under TeamGHC, since it's a kind of ownership of an area.
>>
>> Everyone: fill in your details on TeamGHC.
>>
>> Simon

Good idea!  I've added mine, as a link from my name.

Simon

| > |
| > |  I thought about the redundancy too, and I'm all for streamlining
| the
| > |  wiki. I went ahead and reorganized stuff a bit.
| > |
| > |  The 'Contributor' page is now a stub that leads you to:
| > |
| > |   - The code owners page, which covers the high level roles people
| take
| > |  on: http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/CodeOwners
| > |   - The GHC Team page, which covers individuals in particular and
| > |  joining up: http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/TeamGHC
| > |
| > |  I decided to put the platform maintainers with the rest of the
| > |  committers on the team page and not the owner page, since the
| format
| > |  comes off more as "Individual people to contact", as opposed to
| "the
| > |  general roles people take on." Although I'm open to disagreement.
| > |
| > |  I also went ahead and filled out most of the remaining details for
| the
| > |  existing team. (You are all free to remove your information as you
| > |  wish of course.)
| > |
| > |  PS: I also realized that Trac won't show emails if you're not
| logged
| > |  in, so this may help prevent some measure of spam. A lot of it
| seems
| > |  to have gone away recently, post-server move.
| > |
| > |
| > |  On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 8:45 AM, Simon Peyton-Jones
| > |  <simonpj at microsoft.com> wrote:
| > |  > Thanks Austin. (All on ghc-devs: do chime in.)
| > |  >
| > |  > * There is some overlap with the [wiki:Contributors] page, but I
| think that
| > |  >    serve a purpose.
| > |  >     - [wiki:Committers] is person-focused
| > |  >     - [wiki:Contributors] is role-focused
| > |  >   If that's our intent, perhaps we should move all the person-
| focused stuff to
| > |  >   Committters (and re-title it), leaving only the role-focused
| stuff on
| > |  Contributors
| > |  >   (and re-title that too).
| > |  >
| > |  >   Does that make sense?  We certainly don't want a duplicate list
| of committers
| > |  >   on both.
| > |  >
| > |  > * I think it's right to list email addresses (though please yell
| if you object).
| > |  >   We do need to know how to get in touch with committers.
| > |  >
| > |  > * I like knowing real names, locations, and affiliations.  We are
| an embodied
| > |  >    group of colleagues, not avatars.  Again, yell if you object.
| > |  >
| > |  > If there's a consensus on these latter two points we should maybe
| say in the
| > |  "what it means to be a committer" preamble, so that future
| committers know.
| > |  >
| > |  > Simon
| > |  >
| > |  > |
| > |  > |  Sounds good to me. I've found the same info useful. In fact,
| just
| > |  > |  yesterday I had added the list of committers I assembled to
| the
| > |  > |  Contributors page:
| > |  > |
| > |  > |  http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Contributors
| > |  > |
| > |  > |  I've gone ahead and created a Committers page with more info.
| It also
| > |  > |  lets people know who to contact (me) if they would like
| access, and
| > |  > |  should help people find out who to talk to when they need
| help.
| > |  > |
| > |  > |  http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Committers
| > |  > |
| > |  > |  I went ahead and filled out most of the details on the people
| I'm
| > |  > |  aware of, except for email. I'm not sure what you'd like to
| publicly
| > |  > |  put out there on Trac.
| > |  > |
| > |  > |  Developers - If you'd like, please take the time to fill in
| your email
| > |  > |  and amend anything I got wrong (e.g. I just put pretty much
| everyone's
| > |  > |  "committer date" as this month.)
| > |  > |
| > |  > |  (Also, forgive me for looking into most peoples affiliations
| and
| > |  > |  listing them here, but it does help individual identification
| - and
| > |  > |  it's a decently diverse set of places, which is neat in its
| own
| > |  > |  right!)
| > |  > |
| > |  > |  On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 5:54 AM, Simon Peyton-Jones
| > |  > |  <simonpj at microsoft.com> wrote:
| > |  > |  >
| > |  > |  > Herbert, Austin, Simon
| > |  > |  >
| > |  > |  > Thanks for taking charge of our git repos.  Very very
| helpful!
| > |  > |  >
| > |  > |  > On the question of committers, there's always the danger
| that we give
| > |  people
| > |  > |  commit permission, and several years later they've gone silent
| and we can
| > |  barely
| > |  > |  remember who or why.  I wonder if we should have a
| "Committers" wiki page,
| > |  > |  with a bullet for each person in this format:
| > |  > |  >
| > |  > |  > * Simon Peyton Jones, Microsoft Research, Cambridge, UK.
| Trac: simonpj;
| > |  > |  email: simonpj at microsoft.com.  Added as a committer June 2013.
| Main
| > |  areas of
| > |  > |  interest: renamer, type checker, optimiser.
| > |  > |  >
| > |  > |  > I often have trouble connecting people's Trac identity with
| their email; and
| > |  it's
| > |  > |  quite helpful to know which country people are in and where
| they work.
| > |  > |  >
| > |  > |  > Do you think that would make sense?  We could also establish
| the
| > |  convention
| > |  > |  that if you don't commit for a year you'll lose commit access;
| though it can be
| > |  re-
| > |  > |  activated on request.
| > |  > |  >
| > |  > |  > Simon
| > |  > |  >
| > |  > |  > |
| > |  > |  > | All,
| > |  > |  > |
| > |  > |  > | Push access is now restored and Gitolite is in place! This
| brings some
| > |  > |  > | nice updates:
| > |  > |  > |
| > |  > |  > |  * There's now access to the 'git' protocol for cloning
| anonymously.
| > |  > |  > | This lets you clone even the biggest repos extremely
| quickly, and is
| > |  > |  > | the fastest method for getting a copy of the tree.
| > |  > |  > |  * Firewalled? Cloning over HTTP now uses Smart HTTP
| support for Git,
| > |  > |  > | meaning it should be faster too!
| > |  > |  > |  * We will soon have Gitweb available, once our
| git.haskell.org CNAME
| > |  > |  > | is in place. Eventually we'd like something akin to
| > |  > |  > | https://git.kernel.org/cgit/ possibly.
| > |  > |  > |  * None of you have shell access to ghc.haskell.org
| anymore (well,
| > |  > |  > | this is a nice update for us administrators :)
| > |  > |  > |
| > |  > |  > | The following people have had their keys re-added, and
| should be able
| > |  > |  > | to push and pull from the new setup.
| > |  > |  > |
| > |  > |  > |  * Andreas Voellmy
| > |  > |  > |  * Austin Seipp
| > |  > |  > |  * Ben Lippmeier
| > |  > |  > |  * Iavor Diatchki
| > |  > |  > |  * David Terei
| > |  > |  > |  * David Waern
| > |  > |  > |  * Dimitrios Vytiniotis
| > |  > |  > |  * Duncan Coutts
| > |  > |  > |  * Edsko de Vries
| > |  > |  > |  * Erik de Castro Lopo
| > |  > |  > |  * Edward Yang
| > |  > |  > |  * Geoffrey Mainland
| > |  > |  > |  * Gabor Greif
| > |  > |  > |  * Herbert Valerio Riedel
| > |  > |  > |  * Ian Lynagh
| > |  > |  > |  * Ilya Sergey
| > |  > |  > |  * Johan Tibell
| > |  > |  > |  * Jos? Pedro Magalh?es
| > |  > |  > |  * Jan Stolarek
| > |  > |  > |  * Manuel Chakravarty
| > |  > |  > |  * Max Bolingbroke
| > |  > |  > |  * Nicholas Frisby
| > |  > |  > |  * Paolo Capriotti
| > |  > |  > |  * Richard Eisenberg
| > |  > |  > |  * Roman Leshchinskiy
| > |  > |  > |  * Ross Patterson
| > |  > |  > |  * Simon Hengel
| > |  > |  > |  * Simon Marlow
| > |  > |  > |  * Simon Peyton Jones
| > |  > |  > |  * Thomas Schilling
| > |  > |  > |
| > |  > |  > | The following people still have shell access for any
| administrative
| > |  > |  > | needs:
| > |  > |  > |
| > |  > |  > |  * Austin Seipp (and the remaining haskell.org
| infrastructure team.)
| > |  > |  > |  * Herbert Valerio Riedel
| > |  > |  > |  * Ian Lynagh
| > |  > |  > |
| > |  > |  > | I have undoubtedly missed some people. Please talk to me
| and we'll get
| > |  > |  > | you set up!
| > |  > |  > |
| > |  > |  > | If you're a developer, please read about developer changes
| here:
| > |  > |  > |
| > |  > |  > |  *
| http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/GitolitePlan#Developerchanges
| > |  > |  > |
| > |  > |  > | TL;DR: if you have an old tree, run the following four
| commands from
| > |  > |  > | the root to fix the push/pull URLs.
| > |  > |  > |
| > |  > |  > | $ git checkout master
| > |  > |  > | $ git pull https://github.com/ghc/ghc.git master
| > |  > |  > | $ ./sync-all -r ssh://git at ghc.haskell.org remote set-url
| origin
| > |  > |  > | $ ./sync-all -r ssh://git at ghc.haskell.org remote set-url -
| -push origin
| > |  > |  > |
| > |  > |  > | The reason you must get the latest-copy of ./sync-all is
| because
| > |  > |  > | Herbert made some last minute bug fixes. Technically, you
| could just
| > |  > |  > | download the latest copy and run it directly, but this is
| easier and
| > |  > |  > | fairly straight forward.
| > |  > |  > |
| > |  > |  > | Please direct any concerns to me, like if you need
| something off the
| > |  > |  > | server, need your shell account back, or need commit
| access. Over the
| > |  > |  > | next few days, I'll be cleaning up the wiki - updating
| references and
| > |  > |  > | guides on how to check out the source for users and
| developer. I also
| > |  > |  > | might be sending out some emails with questions while we
| refine the
| > |  > |  > | new setup in the next few days (there were some Trac
| integration
| > |  > |  > | changes.)
| > |  > |  > |
| > |  > |  > | Also, a gigantic applause for Herbert, who did a lot of
| the work here!
| > |  > |  > |
| > |  > |  > | --
| > |  > |  > | Regards,