Contacting bytestring-trie maintainers

Tim McGilchrist
Hi All,

I am trying to get in touch with the maintainers for bytestring-trie package (), which appears to be Wren Romano. I have a patch to fix issues with GHC 8.4 support. I have sent 2 emails over the last few months using the contact details in the cabal file and haven’t received a reply. Email attached below.

Could I ask if someone has a better contact address or is able to pass on the email that they would. Failing that I’d like to get access to push the fix to hackage without the need for making a forked package.

Cheers,
Tim McGilchrist

———————————————————
Hi Wren,

I'm using your bytestring-trie library in a package (airship) and wanted to add support for GHC 8.4.3 to both airship and bytestring-trie. Please find attached a minor patch to add support which is mainly concerned with adding the Semigroup instances required.

If you're happy with the changes I'd also appreciate a new release of the package to hackage.

Regards,
Tim McGilchrist

Re: Contacting bytestring-trie maintainers

Lennart Augustsson
Hi,

Wren has been on sick leave for a while, but she should be coming back soon, I think.

— Lennart

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 16:06 Carter Schonwald <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I am again attempting to get in touch with the maintainer for bytestring-trie package (http://hackage.haskell.org/package/bytestring-trie), Wren Romano.

I have tried to contact the maintainer a number of times over the space of more than a year now. Could I ask to take over maintainership of the package so that I can fix build errors with newer GHCs and the downstream packages that depend on this, including my own personal and work projects.

Cheers,
Tim McGilchrist

On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 9:00 AM Tim McGilchrist <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

wren was on medical leave but certainly reachable .. albeit slowly

as an interrum fix while we resolve maintainership , please open a request for a hackage trustee/admin  nmu to resolve any outstanding issues

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 4:23 PM Tim McGilchrist <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

George Wilson
I've started the non-maintainer upload process here:
https://github.com/haskell-infra/hackage-trustees/issues/210

Cheers,
George

On Thu, 7 Feb 2019 at 07:35, Carter Schonwald
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> wren was on medical leave but certainly reachable .. albeit slowly
>
> as an interrum fix while we resolve maintainership , please open a request for a hackage trustee/admin  nmu to resolve any outstanding issues
>
> On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 4:23 PM Tim McGilchrist <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am again attempting to get in touch with the maintainer for bytestring-trie package (http://hackage.haskell.org/package/bytestring-trie), Wren Romano.
>>
>> I have tried to contact the maintainer a number of times over the space of more than a year now. Could I ask to take over maintainership of the package so that I can fix build errors with newer GHCs and the downstream packages that depend on this, including my own personal and work projects.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Tim McGilchrist
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 9:00 AM Tim McGilchrist <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks I’ve sent off a few emails to various addresses. Hope her health improves.
>>>
>>> Tim

Re: Contacting bytestring-trie maintainers

Tim McGilchrist
Thanks George