Creating a new Haskell mailing list

Ryan Trinkle
Hi all,

I'm interested in starting a mailing list on haskell.org.  Who should I talk to about such things?

Thanks,
Ryan

Re: Creating a new Haskell mailing list

Henning Thielemann-4
Ryan Trinkle schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm interested in starting a mailing list on haskell.org
> <http://haskell.org>.  Who should I talk to about such things?

Is it a mailing list related to a project? Then you may request a
project on community.haskell.org, then you can start a mailing list at

Re: Creating a new Haskell mailing list

Wolfgang Jeltsch-2
Am Donnerstag, 18. Juni 2009 16:21 schrieb Henning Thielemann:
> Ryan Trinkle schrieb:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm interested in starting a mailing list on haskell.org
> > <http://haskell.org>.  Who should I talk to about such things?
>
> Is it a mailing list related to a project? Then you may request a
> project on community.haskell.org, then you can start a mailing list at
> [hidden email]

See <http://community.haskell.org/>.

Best wishes,
Wolfgang

Re: Creating a new Haskell mailing list

Ryan Trinkle
I'm interested in creating a list for iPhone development.  While I also have an ongoing iPhone build target project, which I will be open-sourcing very soon, I'd like the list to be about Haskell on iPhone without regard to whether it has anything to do with my project.

Ryan

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 03:06, Wolfgang Jeltsch <[hidden email]> wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 18. Juni 2009 16:21 schrieb Henning Thielemann:
> Ryan Trinkle schrieb:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm interested in starting a mailing list on haskell.org
> > <http://haskell.org>.  Who should I talk to about such things?
>
> Is it a mailing list related to a project? Then you may request a
> project on community.haskell.org, then you can start a mailing list at
> [hidden email]

See <http://community.haskell.org/>.

Best wishes,
Wolfgang

Re: Creating a new Haskell mailing list

Benjamin L. Russell
On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 20:38:54 -0400, Ryan Trinkle <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm interested in starting a mailing list on haskell.org.  Who should I talk
>to about such things?

One way is to propose the mailing list on the Haskell mailing list
(see the Haskell Info Page at
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell and The Haskell
Archives at http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell/), and then move
the discussion, after a few rounds, to this mailing list (the
Haskell-Cafe mailing list).  (Haskell-Beginners was created in this
manner, for example.)

-- Benjamin L. Russell
--
Benjamin L. Russell  /   DekuDekuplex at Yahoo dot com
http://dekudekuplex.wordpress.com/

Re: Creating a new Haskell mailing list

Benjamin L. Russell
Most likely, if you propose your new mailing list (on the Haskell
mailing list), the discussion will focus on whether it will be likely
to gather enough posts to stay reasonably active.  While the
definition of "reasonably active" differs depending on the individual,
it is likely to mean somewhere between an average of several posts per
week to one or two per day.  Your proposal will be more likely to pass
if you can demonstrate a reasonably strong demand for active
discussion in the Haskell community.

Alternatively, it is possible to create a Haskell-related mailing list
that is not hosted at haskell.org.  Haskell-Art (see the haskell-art
The haskell-art Archives at
http://lists.lurk.org/pipermail/haskell-art/) is one example of such a
list.

You may wish to see the following sites for reference:

haskell.org Mailing Lists
http://haskell.org/mailman/listinfo

Mailing lists - HaskellWiki
http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Mailing_lists