Current Stable Release = 8.6.2 on haskell.org

Current Stable Release = 8.6.2 on haskell.org

Artem Pelenitsyn
Hello devs,

I assume, the version of the current release should be bumped up to 8.6.3 here [1]?

--
Best wishes,
Artem

Re: Current Stable Release = 8.6.2 on haskell.org

Ben Gamari-2
Artem Pelenitsyn <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hello devs,
>
> I assume, the version of the current release should be bumped up to 8.6.3
> here [1]?

Yes, quite right.

I'll handle this soon.

Cheers,

- Ben

Re: Current Stable Release = 8.6.2 on haskell.org

Iavor Diatchki
Given that 8.6.3 does not work at all on Windows (seems to hang when TH is involved), we should probably not make it the current stable release. See 16071, I also just run into that and had to revert to 8.6.2.

Iavor

On Sun, Dec 23, 2018, 4:08 PM Ben Gamari <[hidden email] wrote:
Artem Pelenitsyn <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hello devs,
>
> I assume, the version of the current release should be bumped up to 8.6.3
> here [1]?

Yes, quite right.

I'll handle this soon.

Cheers,

- Ben

On December 23, 2018 7:19:41 PM EST, Iavor Diatchki <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Given that 8.6.3 does not work at all on Windows (seems to hang when TH
>is
>involved), we should probably not make it the current stable release.
>See
>16071, I also just run into that and had to revert to 8.6.2.
>
>Iavor
>
>On Sun, Dec 23, 2018, 4:08 PM Ben Gamari <[hidden email] wrote:
>
>> Artem Pelenitsyn <[hidden email]> writes:
>>
>> > Hello devs,
>> >
>> > I assume, the version of the current release should be bumped up to
>8.6.3
>> > here [1]?
>> >
>> Yes, quite right.
>>
>> I'll handle this soon.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> - Ben

For the record, the plan here is to revert the regressing patch on ghc-8.6 and cut a small 8.6.4 release. Unfortunately this will mean that profiling will be broken for this release but this is the best we can do at the moment.

I've been spent a large fraction of the last several weeks improving our CI story on Windows so future releases should have significantly better coverage on this platform.

Cheers,

- Ben

Re: Current Stable Release = 8.6.2 on haskell.org

Artem Pelenitsyn-2
Thank you, Ben! Your job is much appreciated!

-- Artem