Cybersecurity Posts (2) at the University of Sheffield

Cybersecurity Posts (2) at the University of Sheffield

Achim D. Brucker
(Apologies for duplicates - resending after I forgot to attach the body of the mail ...)

Dear all,
As part of an ambitious strategy for growth, the Department of
Computer Science is seeking to appoint two Lecturers/Senior
Lecturers/Readers with outstanding expertise in the field of
cybersecurity.

Computer and information security is a rapidly growing interest at
Sheffield. In the Department of Computer Science we have recently
established a Security of Advanced Systems group, led by Professor
John Clark. There is related expertise in other departments such as
Law, Mathematics and Statistics, and Politics. Furthermore,
Sheffiield’s strength in engineering brings many opportunities for
collaborative research in cybersecurity, in areas such as robotics and
advanced manufacturing. To drive our research agenda in cybersecurity
forward, we are now seeking to make two appointments at Lecturer,
Senior Lecturer or Reader Level.

Candidates will demonstrate an excellent research record in
cybersecurity.  Suitable areas of expertise include (but are not
limited to): security policies, threat modelling, authentication,
access control, malware and malware detection, network security,
secure protocols, intrusion detection, and human factors and
security. Candidates who work at the interface of artificial
intelligence and cybersecurity are particularly encouraged to apply.

In 2016 we were recognised for our work on diversity and equality with
a Silver Athena Swan award.  Interested candidates may find details of
these (and other) posts at: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/dcs/jobs/index

Best,
        Achim

--
Dr. Achim D. Brucker | Software Assurance & Security | University of Sheffield
               https://www.brucker.ch | https://logicalhacking.com/blog