Darcs apply error while getting the complete GHC tree

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Darcs apply error while getting the complete GHC tree

Joel Reymont
I thought I would get the _complete_ ghc tree so that I could build  
ghc with patches of my own. I decided to get the libraries while I'm  
at it. I got two errors and don't know what to do now.

Do I need to get the whole tree again? Can I somehow reapply the  
patches that did not get applied? Should I just get the CVS trees  
instead?

        Thanks, Joel

P.S.
--
darcs get http://cvs.haskell.org/darcs/ghc.ghc-6.4/
Copying patch 13136 of 13136... done!es.ghc-6.4/
Applying patch 12 of 13136... Unapplicable patch:
Thu Jan 11 14:26:13 GMT 1996  partain
   * [project @ 1996-01-11 14:06:51 by partain]

darcs failed:  Error applying hunk to file ./ghc/includes/rtsTypes.lh
--

and then

--
darcs get http://cvs.haskell.org/darcs/libraries.ghc-6.4/
...
Copying patch 3403 of 3403... done!
Applying patch 2115 of 3403... Unapplicable patch:
Sat Mar 27 14:07:36 GMT 2004  panne
   * [project @ 2004-03-27 14:07:33 by panne]
   Moved around the sources and the test examples to the standard places
   in the hierarchical libs. The NHC98 build is currently untested, but
   it might work, nevertheless... :-}
darcs: ./HUnit/Test: createDirectory: already exists (File exists)


--
http://wagerlabs.com/





_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Darcs apply error while getting the complete GHC tree

Malcolm Wallace
Joel Reymont <[hidden email]> writes:

> I thought I would get the _complete_ ghc tree so that I could build  
> ghc with patches of my own. I decided to get the libraries while I'm  
> at it. I got two errors and don't know what to do now.

My guess is that at least one of these errors is something to do with
MacOSX's filesystem being case-insensitive.  I had a similar problem
when I was converting the cpphs tree from CVS to darcs - the existence
of two files called cpphs.hs and Cpphs.hs simultaneously at some point
in the history, led to conflicts.  I'm afraid I don't know how to fix it
- I just gave up and did the conversion on Linux instead.

> Copying patch 3403 of 3403... done!
> Applying patch 2115 of 3403... Unapplicable patch:
> Sat Mar 27 14:07:36 GMT 2004  panne
>    * [project @ 2004-03-27 14:07:33 by panne]
>    Moved around the sources and the test examples to the standard places
>    in the hierarchical libs. The NHC98 build is currently untested, but
>    it might work, nevertheless... :-}
> darcs: ./HUnit/Test: createDirectory: already exists (File exists)

This is the one that looks like case-insensitivity.  I'll bet there is
already a file called 'test' (rather than 'Test').

Regards,
    Malcolm
_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Darcs apply error while getting the complete GHC tree

Joel Reymont
I bit the bullet and... did a partial checkout. That worked but now  
I'm missing a configure file. I did things like this:

aclocal
autoconf
./configure
checking for printf... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating mk/config.mk
config.status: creating mk/config.h
config.status: error: cannot find input file: mk/config.h.in

What am I doing wrong?

        Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/





_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
wld
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Darcs apply error while getting the complete GHC tree

wld
Hi,

On 12/17/05, Joel Reymont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I bit the bullet and... did a partial checkout. That worked but now
> I'm missing a configure file. I did things like this:
>
> aclocal
> autoconf
> ./configure
> checking for printf... yes
> configure: creating ./config.status
> config.status: creating mk/config.mk
> config.status: creating mk/config.h
> config.status: error: cannot find input file: mk/config.h.in
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
>         Thanks, Joel
[Joel, sorry for double posting ]

Well,  RTBG (Building Guide) !
When building from CVS (I think, from darcs repo too),
you should do:

   autoreconf
   ./configure

Regards!



--
V.Rudenko

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Darcs apply error while getting the complete GHC tree

Joel Reymont
In reply to this post by Joel Reymont
I thought I did :-). I just didn't get to 7.1. My bad and apologies!

On Dec 17, 2005, at 7:07 PM, wld wrote:
> Well,  RTBG (Building Guide) !
> When building from CVS (I think, from darcs repo too),
> you should do:
>
>     autoreconf
>     ./configure

--
http://wagerlabs.com/





_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Darcs apply error while getting the complete GHC tree

Tomasz Zielonka
In reply to this post by Joel Reymont
On Sat, Dec 17, 2005 at 06:14:55PM +0000, Joel Reymont wrote:

> I thought I would get the _complete_ ghc tree so that I could build  
> ghc with patches of my own. I decided to get the libraries while I'm  
> at it. I got two errors and don't know what to do now.
>
> Do I need to get the whole tree again? Can I somehow reapply the  
> patches that did not get applied? Should I just get the CVS trees  
> instead?
>
> Thanks, Joel
>
> P.S.
> --
> darcs get http://cvs.haskell.org/darcs/ghc.ghc-6.4/
> Copying patch 13136 of 13136... done!es.ghc-6.4/
> Applying patch 12 of 13136... Unapplicable patch:
> Thu Jan 11 14:26:13 GMT 1996  partain
>   * [project @ 1996-01-11 14:06:51 by partain]
>
> darcs failed:  Error applying hunk to file ./ghc/includes/rtsTypes.lh

I just checked and I got a similar error on Linux (with a case-sensitive
filesystem, of course):

tomekz@lambda:~/tmp/darcs-ghc-test$ darcs get http://cvs.haskell.org/darcs/ghc.ghc-6.4/
Applying patch 12410 of 13136... Unapplicable patch:
Wed Nov 30 20:37:00 CET 2005  John Goerzen <[hidden email]>
  * Initial ghc-6-4-branch rev

darcs failed:  Error applying hunk to file ./ghc/utils/hp2ps/Marks.c

Best regards
Tomasz

--
I am searching for a programmer who is good at least in some of
[Haskell, ML, C++, Linux, FreeBSD, math] for work in Warsaw, Poland
_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe