Darcs.haskell.org down again

Simon Peyton Jones
Ian, Paul

It seems that 'abbott' is down again.  Two days in a row suggests something is wrong.   Is there anything either of you can do to help?

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Darcs.haskell.org down again

Ian Lynagh-2
On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 10:17:24AM +0000, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:

> It seems that 'abbott' is down again.  Two days in a row suggests something is wrong.   Is there anything either of you can do to help?

I'm not sure exactly what caused the problems, but I've:

* Disabled
  http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/archive.tar
  in /etc/apache2/sites-available/hackage
* Disabled git integration with the GHC trac
* Removed gitweb

Hopefully that will help.

Thanks
Ian
--
Ian Lynagh, Haskell Consultant

Darcs.haskell.org down again

Chris Dornan
You folks probably already know (but just in case) it looks as if it has
fallen over again.

Chris

On 23/01/2013 15:18, "Ian Lynagh" <ian at well-typed.com> wrote:

>On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 10:17:24AM +0000, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
>>
>> It seems that 'abbott' is down again.  Two days in a row suggests
>>something is wrong.   Is there anything either of you can do to help?
>
>I'm not sure exactly what caused the problems, but I've:
>
>* Disabled
>  http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/archive.tar
>  in /etc/apache2/sites-available/hackage
>* Disabled git integration with the GHC trac
>* Removed gitweb
>
>Hopefully that will help.
>

>Thanks
>Ian
>--
>Ian Lynagh, Haskell Consultant
>Well-Typed LLP, http://www.well-typed.com/

[haskell-infrastructure] Darcs.haskell.org down again

Simon Marlow-7
On 23/01/13 15:18, Ian Lynagh wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 10:17:24AM +0000, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
>>
>> It seems that 'abbott' is down again.  Two days in a row suggests something is wrong.   Is there anything either of you can do to help?
>
> I'm not sure exactly what caused the problems, but I've:
>
> * Disabled
>    http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/archive.tar
>    in /etc/apache2/sites-available/hackage
> * Disabled git integration with the GHC trac

Does this include just the browsing functionality, or also the automatic
ticket updates when we push to the GHC repo?

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 08:26:19AM +0000, Simon Marlow wrote:

> On 23/01/13 15:18, Ian Lynagh wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 10:17:24AM +0000, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> >>
> >> It seems that 'abbott' is down again.  Two days in a row suggests something is wrong.   Is there anything either of you can do to help?
> >
> > I'm not sure exactly what caused the problems, but I've:
> >
> > * Disabled
> >    http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/archive.tar
> >    in /etc/apache2/sites-available/hackage
> > * Disabled git integration with the GHC trac
>
> Does this include just the browsing functionality, or also the automatic
> ticket updates when we push to the GHC repo?

I only disabled trac's git plugin. The git posthook will still run, and
only uses standard trac APIs.

Thanks
Ian