CALL FOR PAPERS
Fourth International Workshop on
Rewriting Techniques for Program Transformations and Evaluation
affiliated with FSCD 2017
8 September, 2017, Oxford, UK
Aims and Scope
The aim of WPTE is to bring together the researchers working on program transformations,
evaluation, and operationally-based programming language semantics, using rewriting
methods, in order to share the techniques and recent developments and to exchange ideas
to encourage further activation of research in this area.
The previous WPTE were held in Vienna 2014, in Warsaw 2015, and in Porto 2016.
Topics of interest in the scope of this workshop include:
* Correctness of program transformations, optimizations and translations.
* Program transformations for proving termination, confluence and other properties.
* Correctness of evaluation strategies.
* Operational semantics of programs, operationally-based program equivalences such as
contextual equivalences and bisimulations.
* Cost-models for reasoning about the optimizing power of transformations and the costs
* Program transformations for verification and theorem proving purposes.
* Translation, simulation, equivalence of programs with different formalisms, and
* Program transformations for applying rewriting techniques to programs in specific
* Program transformations for program inversions and program synthesis.
* Program transformation and evaluation for Haskell and Rewriting.
The programming languages of interest include pure, deterministic, impure,
nondeterministic, concurrent, parallel languages, and may employ programming paradigms
such as functional, logical, typed, imperative, object-oriented, and higher-order.
Joachim Breitner(University of Pennsylvania, USA)
For the paper submission deadline an extended abstract of at most 10 pages is required
to be submitted.
The extended abstract may present original work or also work in progress.
However, for the formal post-proceedings (see below) full papers must be submitted to
the post-proceedings deadline.
Based on the submissions the program committee will select the presentations for the
workshop. All selected contributions will be included in the informal proceedings
distributed to the workshop participants. One author of each accepted extended abstract
is expected to present it at the workshop. Submissions must be prepared in LaTeX using
the EPTCS macro package (http://style.eptcs.org/).
The WPTE post-proceedings will be published in
Electronic Proceedings in Theoretical Computer Science (http://eptcs.org/).
The authors of all presented contributions will have the opportunity (but no obligation)
to submit a full paper for the formal post-proceedings.
These full-papers must represent original work and should not be submitted to another
conference at the same time. Full-papers should not exceed 15 pages. The submission
deadline for these post-proceedings will be after the workshop in October 2017.
There will be a second round of reviewing for selecting papers to be published
in the formal proceedings.
* Submission deadline (extended abstracts): July 21th, 2017 (Extended!)
* Notification of acceptance: August 4th, 2017
* Deadline for participant proceedings: August 11th, 2017
* Workshop: September 8th, 2017
* Submission deadline for post proceedings (full-papers):
October, 2017 (exact date to be announced)
* EasyChair Submission Website
* Homepage of WPTE 2017
* FSCD 2017
Beniamino Accattoli (INRIA)
Martin Avanzini (University of Innsbruck)
Yuki Chiba (JAIST)
Horatiu Cirstea (LORIA, Université de Lorraine) -- chair
Santiago Escobar (Universitat Politècnica de València)
Maribel Fernandez (KCL)
Delia Kesner (Université Paris-Diderot)
Sergueï Lenglet (Université de Lorraine)
Elena Machkasova (University of Minnesota, Morris)
William Mansky (Princeton University)
Joachim Niehren (INRIA Lille)
Naoki Nishida (Nagoya University)
David Sabel (Goethe-University Frankfurt am Main) -- chair
Masahiko Sakai (Graduate School of Infomation Science, Nagoya University)
Manfred Schmidt-Schauss (Goethe-University Frankfurt am Main)
Janis Voigtländer (University of Nijmegen)
Johannes Waldmann (HTWK Leipzig)
Fer-Jan de Vries (University of Leicester)
Haskell mailing list
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|