Diagrams

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Diagrams

Roger Mason
Hello,

Does anyone know the current status of the Diagrams package?
I'm having some trouble and wonder if anyone can help, given
the last release was in 2016.

Thanks,
Roger
_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
To (un)subscribe, modify options or view archives go to:
http://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Only members subscribed via the mailman list are allowed to post.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Diagrams

Francesco Ariis
Hello Roger,

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 04:08:56PM -0230, Roger Mason wrote:
> Does anyone know the current status of the Diagrams package?

There is a specific mailing-list: [hidden email]
-F
_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
To (un)subscribe, modify options or view archives go to:
http://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Only members subscribed via the mailman list are allowed to post.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Diagrams

Vanessa McHale
In reply to this post by Roger Mason

I take it you mean the diagrams package? I've used it for hgis and wordchoice. The diagrams ecosystem receives sporadic updates, and occasionally I've submitted patches upstream. But they definitely both work with GHC 8.4.3 if you use cabal new-build and are generally well-written.


On 08/28/2018 01:38 PM, Roger Mason wrote:
Hello,

Does anyone know the current status of the Diagrams package?
I'm having some trouble and wonder if anyone can help, given
the last release was in 2016.

Thanks,
Roger
_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
To (un)subscribe, modify options or view archives go to:
http://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Only members subscribed via the mailman list are allowed to post.

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
To (un)subscribe, modify options or view archives go to:
http://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Only members subscribed via the mailman list are allowed to post.

signature.asc (499 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Diagrams

Brent Yorgey
In reply to this post by Roger Mason
Hi Roger,

Development on diagrams is rather slow at the moment, but it is still actively used and maintained.  The best places to get help are (1) on the #diagrams IRC channel on Freenode (you probably won't get an immediate response, but any messages will definitely be seen and will get responded to eventually if you stick around), (2) the mailing list as others pointed out.  We try to be a helpful bunch and would love to help you get diagrams working for you.

-Brent

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 1:39 PM Roger Mason <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

Does anyone know the current status of the Diagrams package?
I'm having some trouble and wonder if anyone can help, given
the last release was in 2016.

Thanks,
Roger
_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
To (un)subscribe, modify options or view archives go to:
http://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Only members subscribed via the mailman list are allowed to post.

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
To (un)subscribe, modify options or view archives go to:
http://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Only members subscribed via the mailman list are allowed to post.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Diagrams

Roger Mason
Hello Brent and others,

On 2018-09-04 00:04, Brent Yorgey wrote:

> Hi Roger,
>
> Development on diagrams is rather slow at the moment, but it is still
> actively used and maintained.  The best places to get help are (1) on
> the #diagrams IRC channel on Freenode (you probably won't get an
> immediate response, but any messages will definitely be seen and will
> get responded to eventually if you stick around), (2) the mailing list
> as others pointed out.  We try to be a helpful bunch and would love to
> help you get diagrams working for you.
>
> -Brent

I am traveling and so have intermittent connectivity, so my responses
have
been rather slow.  After some tinkering I have made progress in the last
couple of days.  If I get stuck again (I am a haskell novice) I will
certainly
ask on #diagrams or the mailing list.

Thanks again to all who responded.

Roger
_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
To (un)subscribe, modify options or view archives go to:
http://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Only members subscribed via the mailman list are allowed to post.