Dropbox sdk

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Dropbox sdk

Pieter Laeremans
Hi all,

I've tried using the dropbox sdk package from package today.
But it is a bit outdated I can't get it to compile.

I 've tried using stack init, with various resolvers.
One of the problems seems to be that the dependencies for the
certificate package used to
by dropbox-sdk,  enforces base < 4.8.

How should I best tackle this problem ?
Should I assume that the certificate package should be replaced by
something else?
And just try to modify the code ?

I know it's open source, so I would prefer trying out a fix, and
submitting a patch request,
rather than bothering the maintainers.

Thanks for your help,

Pieter

--
  Pieter Laeremans
  [hidden email]
_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
To (un)subscribe, modify options or view archives go to:
http://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Only members subscribed via the mailman list are allowed to post.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dropbox sdk

Erik de Castro Lopo-34
Pieter Laeremans wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've tried using the dropbox sdk package from package today.
> But it is a bit outdated I can't get it to compile.
>
> I 've tried using stack init, with various resolvers.
> One of the problems seems to be that the dependencies for the
> certificate package used to
> by dropbox-sdk,  enforces base < 4.8.

The certificate package:

    https://hackage.haskell.org/package/certificate

is deprecated. Dropbox-sdk should be update to use the package
that replaces it:

    https://hackage.haskell.org/package/x509

> How should I best tackle this problem ?
> Should I assume that the certificate package should be replaced by
> something else?
> And just try to modify the code ?

Once you replace the certificate dependency with x509 some code
modifcations may be needed.

Erik
--
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/
_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
To (un)subscribe, modify options or view archives go to:
http://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Only members subscribed via the mailman list are allowed to post.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dropbox sdk

Pieter Laeremans
Thanks Erik,

I've should have looked better.

kind regards,

Pieter

--
  Pieter Laeremans
  [hidden email]

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017, at 08:55 PM, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

> Pieter Laeremans wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've tried using the dropbox sdk package from package today.
> > But it is a bit outdated I can't get it to compile.
> >
> > I 've tried using stack init, with various resolvers.
> > One of the problems seems to be that the dependencies for the
> > certificate package used to
> > by dropbox-sdk,  enforces base < 4.8.
>
> The certificate package:
>
>     https://hackage.haskell.org/package/certificate
>
> is deprecated. Dropbox-sdk should be update to use the package
> that replaces it:
>
>     https://hackage.haskell.org/package/x509
>
> > How should I best tackle this problem ?
> > Should I assume that the certificate package should be replaced by
> > something else?
> > And just try to modify the code ?
>
> Once you replace the certificate dependency with x509 some code
> modifcations may be needed.
>
> Erik
> --
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Erik de Castro Lopo
> http://www.mega-nerd.com/
_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
To (un)subscribe, modify options or view archives go to:
http://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Only members subscribed via the mailman list are allowed to post.