Quantcast

Dynamic Programming exercises

Michael Litchard-2
I found the below link to be an illuminating read in regards to how to approach dynamic programming in haskell. Now I would like to test my understanding on different exercises.
I'd like suggestions on problems that could be solved by the approach elucidated below.

Re: Dynamic Programming exercises

Brent Yorgey
You might like to try some exercises from my algorithms class:

http://ozark.hendrix.edu/~yorgey/280/static/hw.7.pdf

You could also look at the lecture notes and try actually implementing the DP algorithms discussed there:

http://ozark.hendrix.edu/~yorgey/280/static/CSCI-280-lecture-notes.pdf (sections 20-22)

More generally, any standard algorithms textbook should have a ton of DP exercises.

-Brent

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 12:47 PM Michael Litchard <[hidden email]> wrote:
I found the below link to be an illuminating read in regards to how to approach dynamic programming in haskell. Now I would like to test my understanding on different exercises.
I'd like suggestions on problems that could be solved by the approach elucidated below.

Re: Dynamic Programming exercises

Michael V. Antosha
On 4/12/17, Michael Litchard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I found the below link to be an illuminating read in regards to how to
> approach dynamic programming in haskell.  [...]

Thank you for mentioning that blog post, Michael!
It was a really inspiring reading for me.

> I'd like suggestions on problems that could be solved by the approach
> elucidated below.

I think you could try searching through problem archives at
competitive programming sites for problems with tags, say, "dp" or
"dynamic programming".
Like this one:

    http://codeforces.com/problemset/tags/dp?order=BY_SOLVED_DESC

Specifically, I tried the 455A/456C "Boredom" problem to test the
approach you mentioned.

    http://codeforces.com/problemset/problem/456/C

It worked fine for me  :)

--