Enable -Wall by default?

Re: Enable -Wall by default?

Tom Ellis-5
On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 08:19:57PM +0100, Ben Franksen wrote:

> Am 22.12.20 um 12:18 schrieb Oleg Grenrus:

> >> Yes, this should definitely be fixed.
> >
> > It is
> >
> > https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/merge_requests/4614
>
> Nice!
>
> > Though not -Wpartial-fields (definition site), but
> > -Wincomplete-record-updates (use site).
>
> Is there a specific reason or is it just that it wasn't included in the
> proposal?

I don't think it even existed when I made the proposal!  It seems
to have appeared in 8.4 in March 2018.

https://hackage.haskell.org/package/base/changelog

https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/wikis/commentary/libraries/version-history

https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/8.2.1/docs/html/users_guide/using-warnings.html