Evolving faster Haskell programs - where are the files?

Evolving faster Haskell programs - where are the files?

Robert Clausecker
I just read the enlightening article by Don Stewart[1], and wanted to
test this method on one of my own programs, but it seems that there some
of the attached files are missing, namely [2], [3] and [4]. Is there
anybody who knows, where I can get those files? I don't really want to
rewrite those file by hand.

Yours, Robert Clausecker

[1]:
http://donsbot.wordpress.com/2009/03/09/evolving-faster-haskell-programs
[2]: http://galois.com/~dons/acovea/gcc43_core2.acovea
[3]: http://galois.com/~dons/acovea/ghc-basic.acovea
[4]: http://galois.com/~dons/acovea/ghc-6_10.acovea

Re: Evolving faster Haskell programs - where are the files?

Warren Henning
I mentioned this to him on Twitter a while ago. Presumably it has to
do with the fact that he's no longer at Galois.

Another unfortunate fact is that ACOVEA is at this point unmaintained,
and that is why the official homepage for it was removed. When I
emailed the author, he said he couldn't afford to spend the time on it
it was requiring. :(

I've wondered if it would be worth it to make a pure-Haskell
replacement specifically devoted to improving the performance of
Haskell programs, and not only optimizing a single objective but
presenting an efficient frontier between space usage and execution
time or whatever other criteria it makes sense to optimize for..

Warren