Excessive inlining in libraries/time/Data/Time/Format.hs

Excessive inlining in libraries/time/Data/Time/Format.hs

Gabor Greif-2
While investigating the residual problem with #7814, I discovered that
there is some excessive inlining going on in
libraries/time/Data/Time/Format.hs:

 wc -l libraries/time/Data/Time/Format.hs
libraries/time/dist-install/build/Data/Time/Format.cmm
    247 libraries/time/Data/Time/Format.hs
 103342 libraries/time/dist-install/build/Data/Time/Format.cmm

Format.cmm is created by -ddump-cmm-raw with the STAGE1 GHC HEAD.

I am compiling for ELF/PPC, but that should be an irrelevant detail.

Can somebody confirm this?

Thanks and cheers,

    Gabor