Quantcast

FYI: removing `fibon`

Michal Terepeta
Hi all,

I wanted to remove `fibon` (from `nofib`) - it's broken, abandoned
upstream (no commits in 5 years) and I'm not aware of anyone using it
or working on it. At this point I don't think it makes sense to try to
revive it - I'd prefer putting the time/effort into getting a few new
benchmarks.

There were already discussions about removing it in

If someone is actually working on getting it to work again, please
shout!

Thanks,
Michal

PS. I've tried uploading the patch to Phab, but I think it's just too
large (arc is crashing). So I've uploaded it to github:

Re: FYI: removing `fibon`

Gracjan Polak
I'm not working on it and do not plan to start again.

Looks like fibon never worked and wasn't used for anything, so it should be removed. Still it would make sense to replace this code with something used as part of normal nofib test cases.

Hi all,

I wanted to remove `fibon` (from `nofib`) - it's broken, abandoned
upstream (no commits in 5 years) and I'm not aware of anyone using it
or working on it. At this point I don't think it makes sense to try to
revive it - I'd prefer putting the time/effort into getting a few new
benchmarks.

There were already discussions about removing it in

If someone is actually working on getting it to work again, please
shout!

Thanks,
Michal

PS. I've tried uploading the patch to Phab, but I think it's just too
large (arc is crashing). So I've uploaded it to github:

Re: FYI: removing `fibon`

Michal Terepeta
Ok, thanks Gracjan!

Ben, could I ask you to pull from:
([hidden email] branch `fibon`)
Or if you prefer Phab, let me know if there's some magic incantation
to make it work with this patch (`arc` currently crashes for me)

Thanks,
Michal