Feedback on new warning for MINIMAL pragmas

Feedback on new warning for MINIMAL pragmas

Levent Erkok
Dear Haskell enthusiasts:

I recently came across a scenario where GHC's output confused me regarding MINIMAL pragmas, and filed a "feature request" for GHC:

Simon PJ asked me to turn it into a proposal to gather feedback:

Alas, it gathered no feedback so far, aside from Simon PJ and myself. It's a very simple change and hopefully one that is also very easy to implement. If you could take a moment to comment on the proposal (or better yet, volunteer to implement it!), it would be much appreciated. I'm always very pleasantly surprised on the thoughtfulness and the technical depth of the comments this community provides, and it would be nice to make sure there are no gotcha scenarios.

To keep the traffic on the haskell-cafe low, please comment directly on the proposal itself.

Thanks,

-Levent.

Re: Feedback on new warning for MINIMAL pragmas

Levent Erkok
Ah, failed to put in the link to the GHC ticket: https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/16314

But commenting directly on the proposal itself would be the most effective way to go about it.

Sorry about the noise!

-Levent.