Finding instances for a data type

Martin Hofmann-4
I am also interested in such a feature of TH. It is not one of my
burning issues, but reading this post I thought one could pool together.

> I'd like to use TH to find what classes a type is an instance of, or
> alternatively all known instances of a class.

In particular I am additionally interested in accessing the class
functions via an instance of that particular class.

> As far as I can tell this is not yet possible.

This confirms my conjecture, too.

> How hard would it be to implement? I'd like to help out,
> but it would be nice to have some idea of where to start. Any tips?

Unfortunately, I don't have a clue either.

Greetings,

Martin

Re: Finding instances for a data type

Bugzilla from alfonso.acosta@gmail.com
On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 8:34 AM, Martin Hofmann
<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> How hard would it be to implement? I'd like to help out,
>> but it would be nice to have some idea of where to start. Any tips?

I would recommend adding yourself to the CC list of

RE: Finding instances for a data type

Simon Peyton Jones
Right, that's the one.  Any volunteers?