Frag

Jon Harrop

I just stumbled upon this fast action 3D shooter written entirely in Haskell:

  http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Frag

After 15 minutes trying to build it I find that it segfaults. Can anyone else
get this to work?

The OCaml Journal
http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/ocaml_journal/?e

Re: Frag

Donald Bruce Stewart
jon:

> I just stumbled upon this fast action 3D shooter written entirely in Haskell:
>
>   http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Frag
>
> After 15 minutes trying to build it I find that it segfaults. Can anyone else
> get this to work?

Likely depends on your OpenGL version, and possibly even graphics card.

It's not been updated in about a year and half, but last time I tried
it, it worked fine. Anyone with a bit more OpenGL-fu able to test it
against current HOpenGL?

-- Don

Re: Frag

Jon Harrop
On Sunday 15 July 2007 05:00:33 Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
> Likely depends on your OpenGL version, and possibly even graphics card.

Ok. Latest nVidia drivers with a GF7900GT. I use OpenGL a lot and everything
from the drivers onwards is working beautifully.

> It's not been updated in about a year and half, but last time I tried
> it, it worked fine. Anyone with a bit more OpenGL-fu able to test it
> against current HOpenGL?

I should probably have mentioned that I'm running AMD64 Debian, i.e. not i386.

The OCaml Journal
http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/ocaml_journal/?e

Re: Frag

Mark Wassell
Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:

> jon:
>
>> I just stumbled upon this fast action 3D shooter written entirely in Haskell:
>>
>>   http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Frag
>>
>> After 15 minutes trying to build it I find that it segfaults. Can anyone else
>> get this to work?
>>

> Likely depends on your OpenGL version, and possibly even graphics card.
>
> It's not been updated in about a year and half, but last time I tried
> it, it worked fine. Anyone with a bit more OpenGL-fu able to test it
> against current HOpenGL?

Builds easily and works for me with GHC 6.6.1 on widows (though). You
need to specify a level when running it and you will get a series of
messages about loading textures before the window appears. Does it get
this far?

Cheers

Mark

Re: Frag

Donald Bruce Stewart
mwassell:

> Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
> >jon:
> >
> >>I just stumbled upon this fast action 3D shooter written entirely in
> >>Haskell:
> >>
> >>  http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Frag
> >>
> >>After 15 minutes trying to build it I find that it segfaults. Can anyone
> >>else get this to work?
> >>

> >Likely depends on your OpenGL version, and possibly even graphics card.
> >
> >It's not been updated in about a year and half, but last time I tried
> >it, it worked fine. Anyone with a bit more OpenGL-fu able to test it
> >against current HOpenGL?
> >
> Builds easily and works for me with GHC 6.6.1 on widows (though). You
> need to specify a level when running it and you will get a series of
> messages about loading textures before the window appears. Does it get
> this far?

I suspect there's some 64 bit uncleanliness in the FFI bindings used.
That wouldn't have been tested by Mun, I think.

-- Don

Re: Frag

Jon Harrop
On Sunday 15 July 2007 05:15:52 Mark Wassell wrote:
> Builds easily and works for me with GHC 6.6.1 on widows (though). You
> need to specify a level when running it and you will get a series of
> messages about loading textures before the window appears. Does it get
> this far?

Yes. Strictly speaking its actually a SIGABRT for malloc noticing that its
memory has been corrupted:

"missing texture: models/mapobjects/Skull/skull.tga"
"missing texture: textures/common/trigger.tga"
"loaded textures/egyptians/oldstone_ramses.tga"
"missing texture: textures/sfx/hellfog.tga"
*** glibc detected *** /home/jdh30/src/frag/main: malloc(): memory corruption:
0x0000000000bc1c30 ***
======= Backtrace: =========
/lib/libc.so.6[0x2b18bbfdd651]
/lib/libc.so.6(__libc_malloc+0x7d)[0x2b18bbfdee0d]
/home/jdh30/src/frag/main[0x5d674d]
======= Memory map: ========

The OCaml Journal
http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/ocaml_journal/?e

Text.XHtml link broken

Dean Herington
The Haddock documentation for Text.XHtml (at
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/xhtml/Text-XHtml.html)
refers to
http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~andy/html/intro.htm, but that link is broken.
Does anyone know where to find the intended document?

Re: Text.XHtml link broken

Henk-Jan van Tuyl

You can often find old webpages at web.archive.org:
   http://web.archive.org/web/20070406145557/http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~andy/html/intro.htm

Searching, with part of the text, revealed that you can also find this
page at:
   http://search.cpan.org/src/AUTRIJUS/Language-Haskell-0.01/hugs98-Nov2003/fptools/hslibs/text/html/doc/doc.htm

--
Met vriendelijke groet,