Fwd: Now Accepting Applications for Mentoring Organizations for GSoC 2012

Fwd: Now Accepting Applications for Mentoring Organizations for GSoC 2012

Johan Tibell-2
Hi all,

Anyone interested in acting as an admin for haskell.org this year? I'm afraid I won't have time. It's not that much work (filling in some information, sending out some emails, making sure things happen in time.)

Re: Fwd: Now Accepting Applications for Mentoring Organizations for GSoC 2012

Ryan Newton
Is there any official way that mentors should sign up to become part of the org?

For one thing I heard a rumor that bigger orgs look better from Google's end.

  -Ryan

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 6:29 AM, Ryan Newton <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there any official way that mentors should sign up to become part of the org?

For one thing I heard a rumor that bigger orgs look better from Google's end.

Once haskell.org is registered as an organization you need to apply as a mentor on the GSoC site.

-- Johan

Re: Fwd: Now Accepting Applications for Mentoring Organizations for GSoC 2012

Ganesh Sittampalam
FYI, Edward Kmett has volunteered to do it again.

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Ganesh Sittampalam <[hidden email]> wrote:
FYI, Edward Kmett has volunteered to do it again.

That's great since he's the most experienced GSoC admin we have. :)

There's still room for a replacement for me. I had a few people show interest so far.

On 01/03/2012 21:37, Johan Tibell wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Ganesh Sittampalam <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     FYI, Edward Kmett has volunteered to do it again.
>

> That's great since he's the most experienced GSoC admin we have. :)
>
> There's still room for a replacement for me. I had a few people show
> interest so far.

Maybe I'm confused about the roles, then. Were you co-admins previously,
or something else?

Ganesh

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 1:42 PM, Ganesh Sittampalam <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 01/03/2012 21:37, Johan Tibell wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Ganesh Sittampalam <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     FYI, Edward Kmett has volunteered to do it again.
>

> That's great since he's the most experienced GSoC admin we have. :)
>
> There's still room for a replacement for me. I had a few people show
> interest so far.

Maybe I'm confused about the roles, then. Were you co-admins previously,
or something else?

Edward and I were co-admins last year. That worked out great in my opinion.

I want to make sure that we have at least one admin this year, otherwise we won't get any GSoC slots this year, hence my original email. I didn't know if Edward was interested or not. Now we have a few candidates, including Edward. My preference is to have 2+ admins, preferably with Edward as one of them as he has experience in the matter.

Sorry about the confusions.

Cheers,
  Johan

Re: Fwd: Now Accepting Applications for Mentoring Organizations for GSoC 2012

Ryan Newton
Did anyone end up being the co-admin?