GHC 6.12 status and features

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

GHC 6.12 status and features

Rafael Gustavo da Cunha Pereira Pinto-2


Hi folks, and specially Simon Marlow,


I know I should probably be asking to the GHC list, but is there any update on 6.12 since October? Any probable release date?

BTW, is there any feature list for the release?


Thank all of you involved in bringing this new version to life. GHC rocks!


Rafael Gustavo da Cunha Pereira Pinto


_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GHC 6.12 status and features

Max Bolingbroke-2
2009/12/12 Rafael Gustavo da Cunha Pereira Pinto <[hidden email]>:
> I know I should probably be asking to the GHC list, but is there any update
> on 6.12 since October? Any probable release date?

It looks like haskell.org just acquired this page, though it's not yet
linked to from anywhere else:

http://haskell.org/ghc/download_ghc_6_12_1.html

> BTW, is there any feature list for the release?

http://haskell.org/ghc/docs/6.12.1/html/users_guide/release-6-12-1.html

Cheers,
Max
_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GHC 6.12 status and features

Tom Tobin-2
On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 8:22 AM, Max Bolingbroke
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> 2009/12/12 Rafael Gustavo da Cunha Pereira Pinto <[hidden email]>:
>> I know I should probably be asking to the GHC list, but is there any update
>> on 6.12 since October? Any probable release date?
>
> It looks like haskell.org just acquired this page, though it's not yet
> linked to from anywhere else:
>
> http://haskell.org/ghc/download_ghc_6_12_1.html

Aw, no OS X package yet ... :-)
_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GHC 6.12 status and features

Rafael Gustavo da Cunha Pereira Pinto-2
In reply to this post by Max Bolingbroke-2
THANKS!!

Just in time for Christmas!!




On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 12:22, Max Bolingbroke <[hidden email]> wrote:
2009/12/12 Rafael Gustavo da Cunha Pereira Pinto <[hidden email]>:
> I know I should probably be asking to the GHC list, but is there any update
> on 6.12 since October? Any probable release date?

It looks like haskell.org just acquired this page, though it's not yet
linked to from anywhere else:

http://haskell.org/ghc/download_ghc_6_12_1.html

> BTW, is there any feature list for the release?

http://haskell.org/ghc/docs/6.12.1/html/users_guide/release-6-12-1.html

Cheers,
Max



--
Rafael Gustavo da Cunha Pereira Pinto


_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GHC 6.12 status and features

Adam Cimarosti
In reply to this post by Tom Tobin-2
WIth 6.10.4 there's a major bug with Snow leopard: It doesn't work  
(Cannot compile 64-bit).
Is this fixed in the new release?

Adam

On 12 Dec 2009, at 17:32, Tom Tobin wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 8:22 AM, Max Bolingbroke
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> 2009/12/12 Rafael Gustavo da Cunha Pereira Pinto <[hidden email]
>> >:
>>> I know I should probably be asking to the GHC list, but is there  
>>> any update
>>> on 6.12 since October? Any probable release date?
>>
>> It looks like haskell.org just acquired this page, though it's not  
>> yet
>> linked to from anywhere else:
>>
>> http://haskell.org/ghc/download_ghc_6_12_1.html
>
> Aw, no OS X package yet ... :-)
> _______________________________________________
> Haskell-Cafe mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GHC 6.12 status and features

Tom Tobin-2
On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 6:00 AM, Adam Cimarosti <[hidden email]> wrote:
> WIth 6.10.4 there's a major bug with Snow leopard: It doesn't work (Cannot
> compile 64-bit).

Well, it works as long as you apply a workaround and have universal
(combo 32/64-bit) libraries available — albeit it would be much nicer
to have 64-bit support.
_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GHC 6.12 status and features

Simon Marlow-7
In reply to this post by Rafael Gustavo da Cunha Pereira Pinto-2
On 12/12/2009 00:23, Rafael Gustavo da Cunha Pereira Pinto wrote:
>
>
> Hi folks, and specially Simon Marlow,
>
>
> I know I should probably be asking to the GHC list, but is there any
> update on 6.12 since October? Any probable release date?

All going well, the 6.12.1 release should happen in the next day or so.

Cheers,
        Simon
_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe