GHC 6.6.1 binary package for Ubuntu available?

GHC 6.6.1 binary package for Ubuntu available?

Sukit Tretriluxana
Hi,

I am wondering if there is the binary package for GHC 6.6.1 for Ubuntu. I searched in the package manager and I only see the version 6.6.

Thanks,
Ed

Re: GHC 6.6.1 binary package for Ubuntu available?

Thomas Hartman

you may find this helpful.

"Sukit Tretriluxana" <[hidden email]>
Sent by: [hidden email]

08/31/2007 12:19 PM

cc
Subject
[Haskell-cafe] GHC 6.6.1 binary package for Ubuntu available?

Hi,

I am wondering if there is the binary package for GHC 6.6.1 for Ubuntu. I searched in the package manager and I only see the version 6.6.

Thanks,
Ed

---

e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Re: GHC 6.6.1 binary package for Ubuntu available?

Thomas Hartman

you may find this helpful. (with link)

http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2007-April/024137.html

"Sukit Tretriluxana" <[hidden email]>
Sent by: [hidden email]

08/31/2007 12:19 PM

cc
Subject
[Haskell-cafe] GHC 6.6.1 binary package for Ubuntu available?

Hi,

I am wondering if there is the binary package for GHC 6.6.1 for Ubuntu. I searched in the package manager and I only see the version 6.6.

Thanks,
Ed

---

e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Re: GHC 6.6.1 binary package for Ubuntu available?

Paulo Tanimoto
Dear Ed,

GHC 6.6.1 is available for the upcoming Ubuntu release (Gutsy).

http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/devel/ghc6

I personally like to set up a chroot environment for these things, so
here's what I have:

$ ghc --version
The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version 6.6.1

Paulo