GHC HEAD documentation once again available

GHC HEAD documentation once again available

Ben Gamari-3
TL;DR. A snapshot of GHC's documentation from the master branch can
       always be found at [2].

Hi everyone,

Quite a while ago I made it a habit of periodically pushing
documentation snapshots from GHC's master branch to
downloads.haskell.org [1]. Unfortunately, despite some attempts at
automating this process, this frequently grew out-of-date.

I am happy to report that documentation snapshots are now generated
as a product of GHC's CI process and made available here [2]. The old
downloads.haskell.org URL redirects to [2] and consequently should now
always be up-to-date.

Let me know if you notice anything amiss.

Cheers,

- Ben

[1] https://downloads.haskell.org/ghc/master/
[2] https://ghc.gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/doc/

Re: GHC HEAD documentation once again available

Vladislav Zavialov-2
Hi Ben,

The generated Libraries page contains the following line:

   For documentation on the GHC API, see ghc-8.9.20190330/index.html

The link is dead and should be ghc-8.9/index.html instead.

All the best,
- Vlad

Takenobu Tani

Takenobu Tani <[hidden email]> writes:

> Thank you for the useful link.
>
> It may not be related to this, but the following URL is not displayed
> correctly.

Thanks for pointing this out. This was due to a configuration mistake
which I had fixed, but apparently the CDN hadn't caught up. I have
purged the affected URL from the CDN so things should be fine now.

Unfortunately there is no easy way to do a more comprehensive purge so
if there are any other affected URLs we will simply need to purge them
as we find them.

Cheers,

- Ben

Re: GHC HEAD documentation once again available

Joachim Breitner-2

great work!

(Not only this, of course. I just felt it was time to express praise.)

Cheers,
Joachim

Am Samstag, den 30.03.2019, 20:56 -0400 schrieb Ben Gamari:

> TL;DR. A snapshot of GHC's documentation from the master branch can
>        always be found at [2].
>

> Hi everyone,
>
> Quite a while ago I made it a habit of periodically pushing
> documentation snapshots from GHC's master branch to
> downloads.haskell.org [1]. Unfortunately, despite some attempts at
> automating this process, this frequently grew out-of-date.
>
> I am happy to report that documentation snapshots are now generated
> as a product of GHC's CI process and made available here [2]. The old
> downloads.haskell.org URL redirects to [2] and consequently should now
> always be up-to-date.
>
> Let me know if you notice anything amiss.
>
> Cheers,
>
> - Ben
>

> [1] https://downloads.haskell.org/ghc/master/
> [2] https://ghc.gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/doc/
Joachim Breitner
  [hidden email]
  http://www.joachim-breitner.de/

Re: GHC HEAD documentation once again available

Takenobu Tani
Thanks for the explanation.
I was able to access the URL.

Thank you,
Takenobu

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 2:55 AM Ben Gamari <[hidden email]> wrote:
Takenobu Tani <[hidden email]> writes:

> Thank you for the useful link.
>
> It may not be related to this, but the following URL is not displayed
> correctly.

Thanks for pointing this out. This was due to a configuration mistake
which I had fixed, but apparently the CDN hadn't caught up. I have
purged the affected URL from the CDN so things should be fine now.

Unfortunately there is no easy way to do a more comprehensive purge so
if there are any other affected URLs we will simply need to purge them
as we find them.

Cheers,

- Ben

Re: GHC HEAD documentation once again available

Takenobu Tani

> The old downloads.haskell.org URL redirects to [2] and consequently should now always be up-to-date.
> [2] https://ghc.gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/doc/

For the following URL, CDN or something seems to be a problem:
  https://ghc.gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/doc/

It is displayed for the following:
  "502 Bad Gateway".

The build of the document on gitlab seems to be successful. For instance:
  https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/jobs/72818

(I am not in a hurry.)

Regards,
Takenobu