GHC_STAGE

GHC - devs mailing list
Hi Ben,

I observed warnings of this kind in a couple of places building head yesterday:
```
compiler/utils/FastString.hs:336:5: error:
     warning: 'GHC_STAGE' is not defined, evaluates to 0 [-Wundef]

336 | #if GHC_STAGE < 2
    |     ^
#if GHC_STAGE < 2
    ^
```

```
compiler/main/DynFlags.hs:323:5: error:
     warning: 'GHC_STAGE' is not defined, evaluates to 0 [-Wundef]

323 | #if GHC_STAGE >= 2
    |     ^
#if GHC_STAGE >= 2
    ^
```
I was using the `hadrian/build.stack.sh` approach. Figured you'd want to know!

--
Shayne Fletcher
Language Engineer / +1 917 699 7663

This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and subject to important terms and conditions available at http://www.digitalasset.com/emaildisclaimer.html. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message.

Re: GHC_STAGE

Stefan Schulze Frielinghaus
Hi Shayne,

does commit 35cc5eff fix your problem?

Cheers,
Stefan

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 07:41:47AM -0400, Shayne Fletcher via ghc-devs wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
> I observed warnings of this kind in a couple of places building head
> yesterday:
> ```
> compiler/utils/FastString.hs:336:5: error:
>      warning: 'GHC_STAGE' is not defined, evaluates to 0 [-Wundef]
> 336 | #if GHC_STAGE < 2
>     |     ^
> #if GHC_STAGE < 2
>     ^
> ```
>
> ```
> compiler/main/DynFlags.hs:323:5: error:
>      warning: 'GHC_STAGE' is not defined, evaluates to 0 [-Wundef]
> 323 | #if GHC_STAGE >= 2
>     |     ^
> #if GHC_STAGE >= 2
>     ^
> ```
> I was using the `hadrian/build.stack.sh` approach. Figured you'd want to
> know!
>
> --
> *Shayne Fletcher*
> Language Engineer */* +1 917 699 7663
> *Digital Asset* <https://digitalasset.com/>, creators of *DAML
> <https://daml.com/>*
>
> --
> This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only,
> may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary
> and subject to important terms and conditions available at
> http://www.digitalasset.com/emaildisclaimer.html
> <http://www.digitalasset.com/emaildisclaimer.html>. If you are not the
> intended recipient, please delete this message.

Re: GHC_STAGE

GHC - devs mailing list
Well, I thought I had but must have got into a funny state since I can't reproduce today. Sorry for the noise!