GHC and GLUT

Paul Liu
I wonder if anybody has experience with the GLUT library that GHC
currently supports? I was trying to use freeglut because I need the
actionOnWindowClose function. GHC documentation seems to indicate it's
possible to do this, but my effort isn't successful.

I even replaced the system-wide libglut.so with the new libglut.so
that comes with freeglut installation, but GHC still won't recognize
it's now freeglut and I still can't use the actionOnWindowClose
function.

This is on Linux, and I've not tried Windows. Do I need to compile GHC
myself in order to enable freeglut support? Any help is greatly
appreciately!

Regards,
Paul L

Re: GHC and GLUT

Marc A. Ziegert
to replace only libglut.so is not enough. if i understand you correctly, you changed the backend without the API. (you need .h at compiletime, .a (an archive of .o files) when you link everything to an executable, and .so at runtime.)
my libglut installation comes with...

/usr/lib/libglut.a
/usr/lib/libglut.la
/usr/lib/libglut.so.3.8.0
/usr/lib/libglut.so.3 (link to .3.8.0)
/usr/lib/libglut.so   (link to .3.8.0)
/usr/include/GL/freeglut.h
/usr/include/GL/glut.h
/usr/include/GL/freeglut_ext.h
/usr/include/GL/freeglut_std.h

i guess, you have to recompile Graphics.UI.GLUT, too.

- marc

Am Mittwoch, 25. Juli 2007 05:27 schrieb Paul L:

> I wonder if anybody has experience with the GLUT library that GHC
> currently supports? I was trying to use freeglut because I need the
> actionOnWindowClose function. GHC documentation seems to indicate it's
> possible to do this, but my effort isn't successful.
>
> I even replaced the system-wide libglut.so with the new libglut.so
> that comes with freeglut installation, but GHC still won't recognize
> it's now freeglut and I still can't use the actionOnWindowClose
> function.
>
> This is on Linux, and I've not tried Windows. Do I need to compile GHC
> myself in order to enable freeglut support? Any help is greatly
> appreciately!
>
> Regards,
> Paul L

Re: GHC and GLUT

Paul Liu
Thanks for the info. I indeed replaced everything, but it only works
after I recompile Graphics.UI.GLUT module.

Regards,
Paul L