GHC branch "atomics" pushed

Ryan Newton
Hi all,

There should be very little that is controversial about this branch because
it adds primops upon which nothing else depends and which users will not
see directly.  But for now I've added it to a branch called "atomics"
(likewise use the "atomics" testsuite branch of course).  As soon as Carter
and I work out a bit more of the future roadmap I'll merge it into master.

Carter, would you like to use this branch to develop the improved LLVM
support for the primops that are now added there?

Cheers,
  -Ryan

P.S. Carter, as you requested I'll add an extra trac ticket for discussion.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

GHC branch "atomics" pushed

Simon Peyton Jones
Great.  Can you add a bullet to  http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Status/GHC-7.8?

Simon

GHC branch "atomics" pushed

Ryan Newton
Done!

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 12:21 PM, Simon Peyton-Jones
<simonpj at microsoft.com>wrote:

>  Great.  Can you add a bullet to
> http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Status/GHC-7.8?****
>

> Simon****
>
> ** **

Carter Schonwald
I'll follow up with Ryan to suss this out (in the next day or so), in terms
of what makes sense for 7.8, and the roadmap to the native/llvm codegen
augmentations for later.

If i'm to help Ryan on the Atomics branch, does that mean I need to be
added to the commiters list? @Simon? @Austin?
(for now, i'll not touch any other branch! :)  )