GHC cross compilation survey

Moritz Angermann-2
Dear friends,

as some of you might have noticed, together with
obsidian.systems, I’m trying to make cross compiling
GHC a bit easier.  To that extend, I’d like to invite
you to fill out a short survey[1], so we understand
the needs of the community better.

Please follow the attached link and fill out the
survey!

Cheers,
 Moritz

[1]: https://medium.com/@zw3rk/hello-world-a-cross-compilation-survey-890cb95029d7

GHC cross compilation survey results

Moritz Angermann-2
Dear friends,

20 days ago, together with obsidian.systems, we asked
about cross compilation with GHC. A follow up with
the result has been posted yesterday[1].

I’ll hope we can improve on many fronts and make building
a cross compiling GHC as simple as

   ./configure --target=... --prefix=... [--disable-large-address-space]

with GHC 8.4.  I also plan on extending documentation on
cross compiling, and maybe even provide pre-built cross
compiles.  I’ll plan to publish a few more posts regarding
cross compiling in general and cross compiling with ghc
specifically over the next few month at https://medium.com/@zw3rk.

If you would like some more specific details of the survey,
please feel free to contact me!

Cheers,
 Moritz

[1]: https://medium.com/@zw3rk/cross-compilation-survey-results-3988ad1b677b

PS: I am building cross compilers for arm/raspberry pi, armv7/android,
    aarch64/android, aarch64/iOS, x86_64/iOS, all with limited* TH support
    as well as x86_64/macOS on a daily basis, and hope that this will ensure
    to a certain degree that master won’t break the cross compilers.
    *: without File IO (except for embedFile), and without Process IO.