GHC documentation outdated

Wolfgang Jeltsch-3
Hi!

the URL

    https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/latest/docs/html/users_guide/index.html

seems to still point to the GHC 8.8.3 documentation.

All the best,
Wolfgang

Re: GHC documentation outdated

Sven Panne-2
Am Do., 16. Apr. 2020 um 16:38 Uhr schrieb Wolfgang Jeltsch <[hidden email]>:
the URL

    https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/latest/docs/html/users_guide/index.html

seems to still point to the GHC 8.8.3 documentation.

Even worse: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/base has only documentation for base up to 8.6.x (from Sep 2018, 2 major releases behind), which makes a devastating first impression for newcomers and/or people I'm trying to convince about Haskell. :-(

Re: GHC documentation outdated

Ben Gamari-2
Wolfgang Jeltsch <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi!
>
> the URL
>
>     https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/latest/docs/html/users_guide/index.html
>
> seems to still point to the GHC 8.8.3 documentation.

Thanks for the ping! Symlink bumped.

Cheers,

- Ben

Sven Panne <[hidden email]> writes:

> Am Do., 16. Apr. 2020 um 16:38 Uhr schrieb Wolfgang Jeltsch <
> [hidden email]>:
>
>> the URL
>>

>> https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/latest/docs/html/users_guide/index.html
>>
>> seems to still point to the GHC 8.8.3 documentation.
>>

> Even worse: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/base has only documentation
> for base up to 8.6.x (from Sep 2018, 2 major releases behind), which makes
> a devastating first impression for newcomers and/or people I'm trying to
> convince about Haskell. :-(
Indeed, this is a sad state of affairs. I wish I had some magic solution
here but sadly there is real work that needs to happen [1] to fix this.

Cheers,

- Ben

[1] https://github.com/haskell/hackage-server/issues/852