GHC doesn't work

Andrew Coppin
Greetings.

I have a PC that had GHC 6.6 running on it. Worked fine. Then I
uninstalled 6.6 and installed 6.6.1, and now it doesn't appear to work
at all. Any attempt to run GHC results in a message that says

  The entry point OpenThread could not be found in KERNEL32.dll.

or something very similar to that.

Is this likely to be because GHC 6.6.1 doesn't support Windows NT, or
because my PC is messed up?

Re: GHC doesn't work

Salvatore Insalaco
2007/10/3, Andrew Coppin <[hidden email]>:
>   The entry point OpenThread could not be found in KERNEL32.dll.

Are you using NT 4? Probably GHC 6.6.1 dropped support for it (or
maybe the binary you downloaded was compiled without the support for
it), as this error message means more or less "your OS is too old to
run this".

Salvatore

Re: GHC doesn't work

Andrew Coppin
Salvatore Insalaco wrote:
> 2007/10/3, Andrew Coppin <[hidden email]>:
>
>>   The entry point OpenThread could not be found in KERNEL32.dll.
>>

> Are you using NT 4?

Affirmative. Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 6a.

> Probably GHC 6.6.1 dropped support for it (or
> maybe the binary you downloaded was compiled without the support for
> it), as this error message means more or less "your OS is too old to
> run this".

Is that what it means?

The GHC download page claims it *should* work with NT and even ME. If
that's actually not the case, somebody should alter the text...

[This is why I was puzzled that it didn't work.]