GHC on Ubuntu

GHC - devs mailing list

The GHC distribution for Ubuntu appears to be 7.10, very old.  Do we (or they) bring on new versions?

https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=ghc

Here we use the LTS versions of Ubuntu, which seems stuck on 7.10.

Re: GHC on Ubuntu

Moritz Angermann-2
Hi Simon,

Herbert provides quite a few GHC builds at
https://launchpad.net/~hvr/+archive/ubuntu/ghc

Looking at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases, makes
me believe LTS might be Xenial or Trusty. For both
seem to be packages up to 8.2.2 and even HEAD available.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
 Moritz