GHCi and custom preprocessors

aditya siram-2
Hi all,
I have a custom file format and custom preprocessor in my project that converts it to Haskell. GHCi is unable to detect when changes are made to the custom file, it only sees that the Haskell file hasn't changed and doesn't reload anything. Is this even supported in GHCi?

Thanks!
-deech

Re: GHCi and custom preprocessors

Sylvain Henry-2

Hi,

Maybe you could try adding a little bit of TH in the generated file to call `addDependentFile` (https://www.stackage.org/haddock/lts-9.0/template-haskell-2.11.1.0/Language-Haskell-TH-Syntax.html#v:addDependentFile). I haven't tested it though.

Sylvain