Get-together at ICFP about Haskell in K-12 education

Get-together at ICFP about Haskell in K-12 education

Chris Smith-31
Hello Haskell community!

I've been floating an idea around about hosting a get-together in St. Louis for anyone interested in Haskell at the K-12 (pre-university) level.  Some of you know that this has been a big passion of mine for the last 8 years or so.  I'd love to discuss with others while a lot of us are in the same place -- whether you're interested in organized teaching, or just teaching your own kids, or just curious about the idea.

I've put together this form to collect RSVPs and availability.

Thanks,
Chris Smith

Re: Get-together at ICFP about Haskell in K-12 education

Chris Smith-31
I can now provide more details about this "Teaching Haskell in K-12" dinner I'm organizing in St. Louis during ICFP.  We'll be having dinner at 7:30 pm on Monday, Sep 24, at Lombardo's Trattoria in St. Louis.  This is directly across the road from the conference hotel.

Please consider attending if you are interested in making connections, learning, or sharing your experience with using Haskell or similar languages in education prior to the university level.  This could be anything from teaching your own kids to running an organized program at scale.  Our goal is to connect people into a critical mass of community members who know each other, stay in contact, ask and answer questions, and share ideas and experiences - possibly leading to collaborations in research, volunteerism, sharing of resources and tools, etc.  I'm expecting a fun group including a mix of backgrounds from academics to hobbyists to professional developers, and from Haskell newcomers to long-standing pillars of the Haskell community.

If you would like to attend, please RSVP with this interest form.

Thanks,
Chris Smith