Getting a profiled GHC with hadrian.

Andreas Klebinger
Hello Devs,

What's the proper way to get a profiled GHC in hadrian?

I tried

   hadrian/build.cabal.sh -j8 --flavour=Prof

but that didn't work out:

   $ _build/stage1/bin/ghc.exe +RTS -p
   ghc.exe: the flag -p requires the program to be built with -prof
   ghc.exe:

What am I doing wrong here?

Cheers
Andreas

Re: Getting a profiled GHC with hadrian.

Alp Mestanogullari-2
Hello,

This is supposed to work, and worked for a while until some refactoring
of mine which mistakenly dropped some logic. Matthew fixed it as soon as
he noticed it though, so I suspect your branch doesn't have
https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/commit/cfe64019a70acc1bae76f2fa580d6654f8eb5bc4
? Cherry-picking this commit or rebasing against a quite recent master
should fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

On 25/01/2019 14:28, Andreas Klebinger wrote:

> Hello Devs,
>
> What's the proper way to get a profiled GHC in hadrian?
>
> I tried
>
>   hadrian/build.cabal.sh -j8 --flavour=Prof
>
> but that didn't work out:
>
>   $ _build/stage1/bin/ghc.exe +RTS -p
>   ghc.exe: the flag -p requires the program to be built with -prof
>   ghc.exe:
>
> What am I doing wrong here?
>
> Cheers
> Andreas

Alp Mestanogullari, Haskell Consultant
Well-Typed LLP, https://www.well-typed.com/

Registered in England and Wales, OC335890
118 Wymering Mansions, Wymering Road, London, W9 2NF, England