Google SoC

pepeiborra
http://code.google.com/soc/

This is not news. SoC was presented a few days ago, and by now there are a
lot of projects available, yet none(?) Haskell related :(
This is a plea for Haskell FOSS project managers to apply as mentor
organizations, so that we students can have a choice.
Surely there are a lot of contributions that can be tackled by a motivated
student in three months time. GHC related stuff, work in Visual Haskell,
tasks in a given Haskell framework, Darcs stuff, you name it.

Deadline for mentor organizations is May 1, but they might close it earlier
if they get their hands full.

pep

Re: Google SoC

Duncan Coutts
On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 13:50 +0200, Pepe Iborra wrote:

> http://code.google.com/soc/
>
> This is not news. SoC was presented a few days ago, and by now there are a
> lot of projects available, yet none(?) Haskell related :(
> This is a plea for Haskell FOSS project managers to apply as mentor
> organizations, so that we students can have a choice.
> Surely there are a lot of contributions that can be tackled by a motivated
> student in three months time. GHC related stuff, work in Visual Haskell,
> tasks in a given Haskell framework, Darcs stuff, you name it.
>
> Deadline for mentor organizations is May 1, but they might close it earlier
> if they get their hands full.

Fear not! Plans are afoot. Expect an announcement shortly.

Duncan