Google Summer of Code 2006

Paolo Martini-2
Hello,

Haskell.org is going to partecipate as mentoring organization to the
Google Summer of Code programme of this year.

We have formed a group of volunteers taking care of the administrative
work as well as the mentoring part. The group is listed here:
<http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Summer_of_Code:_People>.

We are now looking for projects, and mentors.  We've reached number 24
but we are happily going to add more, Haskell Open Source paid work for
the summer!

If you run some active open source program you might want to mentor some
student who will be working on your code, for example.  Either just add
your ideas here:
<http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Summer_of_Code:_Project_suggestions> (as
well as your informations on the People's page) or contact me for details.

I am also looking for students, I'd like to ear from them if they are
going to partecipate with Haskell projects, last year I was alone! (I
did write the bindings to the Cairo vector graphics library and
integrated them in Gtk2Hs.)

Details about the programme itself can be found on the official webpage:
http://code.google.com/summerofcode.html

Hoping you like the idea as much as me,
Paolo.

Re: Google Summer of Code 2006

Paolo Martini-2
Evan Martin ha scritto:
> (This is Evan from Google.)
> Just wanted to say that it's rad to see you making all this happen.

Hi Evan!

Fabulous to see you around!

Thank you very much, we have done great work last year. Google is doing
so well making students able to work on what they like most, during the
summer, I couldn't resist about sharing this opportunity and making it
available for the bigger number of people I could.

Cheers,
Paolo.

Re: Google Summer of Code 2006

Ivan Tarasov
Hello,

it's really great to hear that Haskell.org is participating in SoC.

I'm planning to try myself as a student in writing an ATOM/RSS
aggregator in Haskell (I'm really tired of not being able to find a
good one, and also I'd like to learn Haskell as well), still I'm open
to other great ideas. I'm also interested in different branches of
mathematics, and Haskell is great for mathematics, so it is another
option for me.

If you have any questions/suggestions (e.g. you know that there exists
some great aggregator which works on linux/GTK+ :-) )/comments, I'd
like to hear from you!

Ivan.