Guarded Impredicativity implementation

Artem Pelenitsyn
Dear ghc-devs,

Is there any work has been done on the latest (ttbomk) proposal for impredicative types in Haskell:

> Guarded impredicative polymorphism by Alejandro Serrano, Jurriaan Hage, Dimitrios Vytiniotis, Simon Peyton Jones
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/impredicative-Jul17.pdf

Or are there any plans to do so? I wasn't able to spot any mentions of this in either of GHC's forums (this list, Trac, wiki, ghc-proposals repo).

--
Best wishes,
Artem Pelenitsyn

RE: Guarded Impredicativity implementation

GHC - devs mailing list

Alejandro may want to comment…

Is there any work has been done on the latest (ttbomk) proposal for impredicative types in Haskell:

> Guarded impredicative polymorphism by Alejandro Serrano, Jurriaan Hage, Dimitrios Vytiniotis, Simon Peyton Jones
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/impredicative-Jul17.pdf

Or are there any plans to do so? I wasn't able to spot any mentions of this in either of GHC's forums (this list, Trac, wiki, ghc-proposals repo).

--

Best wishes,

Artem Pelenitsyn

Re: Guarded Impredicativity implementation

Alejandro Serrano Mena
Hi Artem,
It's great to see some interest about our work :)
At this moment there are no plans of making it part of GHC -- some details about the integration with other features need further thought. If you are really interested in trying, we built a prototype at https://git.science.uu.nl/f100183/ghc-invariant, which incorporates some advances in the "backward compatibility" section of the paper, but not guarded impredicativity per se.

Regards,
Alejandro