HDF5

Joel Reymont
Does anyone have bindings for HDF5 [1]?

[1] http://hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu/whatishdf5.html

        Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/

Re: HDF5

Joel Reymont
And a related question... Would there be an advantage in using lazy
byte strings or Bulat's streams library over HDF5? There's a good
performance review [1] of PyTables (thin wrapper on top of HDF5) vs.
SqlLite that I just read and it made me wonder.

I'm looking to model the trading process as (lazy?) stream processing
where a trade represents an event in the input stream and trade and
stop orders would be injected into the output stream.

[1] http://python.liberty.ro/pycon/papers/largedata.pdf

--
http://wagerlabs.com/

Re: HDF5

Bulat Ziganshin-2
Hello Joel,

> Does anyone have bindings for HDF5 [1]?

> [1] http://hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu/whatishdf5.html

isn't it better to use sql database?

http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Libraries_and_tools/Database_interfaces

Re: HDF5

Joel Reymont

On Jul 4, 2006, at 6:29 PM, Bulat Ziganshin wrote:

> isn't it better to use sql database?

Not necessarily but it's better to start simple. I'll try SQLlite first.

--
http://wagerlabs.com/