HEADS UP: Need 7.10.3?

Moritz Drexl
Hi all,

For me, a 7.10.3 release is also urgently needed.

Showstopper is the problem regarding invocation of GCC under Windows,
with response files as an already implemented solution. See:

https://github.com/ghc/ghc/commit/296bc70b5ff6c853f2782e9ec5aa47a52110345e

I am unable to compile a working GHC version of the patched 7.10 branch.
I exhausted all other avenues and am unable to make releases for
customers using Windows.

Thanks!

Regards
Moritz Drexl

Re: HEADS UP: Need 7.10.3?

Ben Gamari-3
Moritz Drexl <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> For me, a 7.10.3 release is also urgently needed.
>
> Showstopper is the problem regarding invocation of GCC under Windows,
> with response files as an already implemented solution. See:
>
> https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/10726
> https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/10795
> https://github.com/ghc/ghc/commit/296bc70b5ff6c853f2782e9ec5aa47a52110345e
>
> I am unable to compile a working GHC version of the patched 7.10 branch.
> I exhausted all other avenues and am unable to make releases for
> customers using Windows.

Oh dear, this does indeed sound bad. Thanks for bringing this up!

We're currently working through merging tickets back to ghc-7.10 and
will hopefully have a release in several of weeks.

Cheers,

- Ben