Hackage (partially) down?

Bardur Arantsson-2
Hi all,

I'm getting

    Error 503 Connection timed out
    Connection timed out
    Guru Mediation:
    Details: cache-ams4123-AMS 1464323906 827600523
    Varnish cache server

when trying to browse Hackage this morning. Anyone else having the same
problem?

(downforeveryoneorjustme.com says that "it's just me", so I'm guessing
this is some sort of CDN issue?)

Re: Hackage (partially) down?

Michael Sloan
It is not just you, see also

https://github.com/haskell/hackage-server/issues/500 (amazingly apt issue number there)

Rather untimely hackage downtime for me, I was about to update amend the store package metadata with more version constraints.

-Michael

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 9:40 PM, Bardur Arantsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm getting

    Error 503 Connection timed out
    Connection timed out
    Guru Mediation:
    Details: cache-ams4123-AMS 1464323906 827600523
    Varnish cache server

when trying to browse Hackage this morning. Anyone else having the same
problem?

(downforeveryoneorjustme.com says that "it's just me", so I'm guessing
this is some sort of CDN issue?)

Re: Hackage (partially) down?

Michael Snoyman

It doesn't solve the problem of uploads, but for doing dev you can switch to the FP Complete mirror, powered by Amazon S3

https://www.fpcomplete.com/blog/2015/03/hackage-mirror

Stack uses it (plus the all-cabal-hashes Git repository) by default.