Hacking Hawk

szefirov@ot.ru
Hawk didn't updated from GHC v4.04. It does contain dependencies on
functions that are present in my current (6.04) GHC distribution, but
they are not documented.

Those functions and constructors are (just a error log from ghc):
---------------------------
AQ.lhs:17:16: Not in scope: type constructor or class `STArray'

AQ.lhs:82:14: Not in scope: `newSTArray'

AQ.lhs:92:21: Not in scope: `writeSTArray'

AQ.lhs:258:27: Not in scope: `readSTArray'

AQ.lhs:262:27: Not in scope: `writeSTArray'
---------------------------

They are in GHC.Arr module now. I found that googling for their name.

They also changed their types so that they are not compatible with
Control.Monad.ST (previous versions were compatible with LazyST).

What does they do?

Is it possible to rewrite them for current version of ghc?

Re: Hacking Hawk

Iavor Diatchki
Hello,
I am not familiar with the details of Hawk, but you can find STArray
in Data.Array.ST,
and the functions to read, write, and create them are 'readArray',
'writeArray', and 'newArray' (see Data.Array.MArray).
-Iavor

> Hawk didn't updated from GHC v4.04. It does contain dependencies on
> functions that are present in my current (6.04) GHC distribution, but
> they are not documented.
>
> Those functions and constructors are (just a error log from ghc):
> ---------------------------
> AQ.lhs:17:16: Not in scope: type constructor or class `STArray'
>
> AQ.lhs:82:14: Not in scope: `newSTArray'
>
> AQ.lhs:92:21: Not in scope: `writeSTArray'
>
> AQ.lhs:258:27: Not in scope: `readSTArray'
>
> AQ.lhs:262:27: Not in scope: `writeSTArray'
> ---------------------------
>
> They are in GHC.Arr module now. I found that googling for their name.
>
> They also changed their types so that they are not compatible with
> Control.Monad.ST (previous versions were compatible with LazyST).
>
> What does they do?
>
> Is it possible to rewrite them for current version of ghc?

Re: Hacking Hawk

Cale Gibbard
You may wish to read
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Arrays
which is quite a good tutorial on how the various array types and classes work.

 - Cale