Happy / Alex description for Haskell2010

Happy / Alex description for Haskell2010

fommil
Hello all,

Is there a Happy / Alex file describing Haskell2010?

I can see the versions in the ghc source tree, but of course they
support all the ghc extensions. The link to the hsparser page [1] in
the Happy documentation doesn't seem to exist anymore.

I would also love to hear if there is a Bison definition.

Best regards,
Sam

[1] http://www.pms.informatik.uni-muenchen.de/mitarbeiter/panne/haskell_libs/hsparser.html

Re: Happy / Alex description for Haskell2010

S. Doaitse Swierstra
I do not know why you do need a Haskell parser, but the Utrecht Haskell Compiler contains a combinator based Haskell parser (using the uulib package, supporting the offside rule) which might serve your needs. It can easily be adapted if needed.

 Doaitse Swierstra

> Op 25 okt. 2018, om 20:31  heeft Sam Halliday <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:
>
> Hello all,
>
> Is there a Happy / Alex file describing Haskell2010?
>
> I can see the versions in the ghc source tree, but of course they
> support all the ghc extensions. The link to the hsparser page [1] in
> the Happy documentation doesn't seem to exist anymore.
>
> I would also love to hear if there is a Bison definition.
>
> Best regards,
> Sam
>
> [1] http://www.pms.informatik.uni-muenchen.de/mitarbeiter/panne/haskell_libs/hsparser.html

Re: Happy / Alex description for Haskell2010

fommil
Thanks Doaitse,

I'm not looking for a parser that I can run, I am mostly interested in
the codified BNF, to study, and adapt.

I'll take a look at the Utrecht Haskell Compiler in any case, as it
sounds interesting... do you mean this file?
https://github.com/uhc/uhc/blob/master/EHC/src/helium/Parser/Parser.hs