Haskell I/O inside: down the rabbit's hole

Haskell I/O inside: down the rabbit's hole

Bulat Ziganshin-2
Hello Haskell,

I'm just wrote exhaustive introduction to Haskell I/O titled

   HASKELL I/O INSIDE: DOWN THE RABBIT'S HOLE

Can you please help me (and Haskell community) by proof-reading this
text? Even if you will correct paragraph or two, it will advance the
work further. Also feel free to add more explanations, correct me and
ask (here) about new topics you need to be explained. The page is

http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/IO_inside

 Bulat                          mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Haskell I/O inside: down the rabbit's hole

Krasimir Angelov-2
In the last section you said that IO has the same definition in GHC
and Hugs. As far as I can remember in Hugs IO is defined as:

newtype IO a = IO ((a -> IOResult) -> (IOError -> IOResult) -> IOResult)

Of course this definition is builtin and cann't be seen in the Haskell
source code.

Cheers,
  Krasimir

2006/6/30, Bulat Ziganshin <[hidden email]>:

> Hello Haskell,
>
> I'm just wrote exhaustive introduction to Haskell I/O titled
>
>   HASKELL I/O INSIDE: DOWN THE RABBIT'S HOLE
>
> Can you please help me (and Haskell community) by proof-reading this
> text? Even if you will correct paragraph or two, it will advance the
> work further. Also feel free to add more explanations, correct me and
> ask (here) about new topics you need to be explained. The page is
>
> http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/IO_inside
>

> --
> Best regards,
>  Bulat                          mailto:[hidden email]

Re[2]: Haskell I/O inside: down the rabbit's hole

Bulat Ziganshin-2
Hello Donald,

Friday, June 30, 2006, 1:20:03 PM, you wrote:

>> http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/IO_inside

> Perhaps mention
>     http://research.microsoft.com/~simonpj/Papers/marktoberdorf

>     "Tackling the awkward squad: monadic input/output, concurrency,
>     exceptions, and foreign-language calls in Haskell"

> for people wanting to go further into the area?

of course. feel free to add anything you think is useful. like
'Arrays' page, it is collective work, and like this page it can go
much further from it's initial state. a have added a section, but it
needs further editing

Re[2]: Haskell I/O inside: down the rabbit's hole

Bulat Ziganshin-2
Hello Krasimir,

Friday, June 30, 2006, 2:26:53 PM, you wrote:

> In the last section you said that IO has the same definition in GHC
> and Hugs. As far as I can remember in Hugs IO is defined as:

> newtype IO a = IO ((a -> IOResult) -> (IOError -> IOResult) -> IOResult)

> Of course this definition is builtin and cann't be seen in the Haskell
> source code.

i'm not sure about this - can this be considered as an example of this
RealWorld strategy or not. Feel free to edit text if you know the
right answer