Haskell IDEs

Gregory Guthrie

The Wiki on Haskell IDEs seems to be out of date.

It mentions KDevelop, which no longer has any references to Haskell on its site, and to FPeclipse which was orphaned in 2015.

I find Leksah rather cumbersome to use/learn (for students), and it is still a bit hard to convince them after Netbeans & Eclipse to fall back to Vi and DOS command windows. J

Re: Haskell IDEs

Albert Y. C. Lai
On 2017-01-30 09:53 AM, Gregory Guthrie wrote:
> The Wiki on Haskell IDEs seems to be out of date.

The sad state is that updating it means deleting a lot of obsolete
entries but there is no new entry to add (apart from Haskell for Mac,
http://haskellformac.com/ )

The silver lining is that you are not missing out on any recent
development. If you have heard of Leksah and Haskell for Mac, you have
already known it all.

(Wouldn't it be nice if Apple permitted us to run MacOS in VirtualBox on
Windows and Linux?)

Re: Haskell IDEs

Marian Jancar
On 1/30/2017 7:35 PM, Albert Y. C. Lai wrote:
> (Wouldn't it be nice if Apple permitted us to run MacOS in VirtualBox on
> Windows and Linux?)

It does, as long as you run it on Apple HW...

Marian

Re: Haskell IDEs

Alberto G. Corona
If you are a Teacher, give Leksah a second opportunity.

It is the only IDE AFAIK that integrates the Haskell debugger. It is invaluable for teaching how expressions are executed lazily. You can observer graphically how the execution goes back and forth executing lazily at the finest level

The Wiki on Haskell IDEs seems to be out of date.

It mentions KDevelop, which no longer has any references to Haskell on its site, and to FPeclipse which was orphaned in 2015.

I find Leksah rather cumbersome to use/learn (for students), and it is still a bit hard to convince them after Netbeans & Eclipse to fall back to Vi and DOS command windows. J

Alberto.