Haskell Love Conference (the 31st of July & 1st of August, 2020)

Haskell Love Conference (the 31st of July & 1st of August, 2020)

Ida Bzowska
Hi There!

We are organizing the online event on Haskell language https://haskell.love, free to attend. The CFP for the event has started (ends on the 1st of July, 2020), please consider joining https://konfy.care/cfp
Tickets (free) will be available soon, follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/_haskellove for the updates and feel free to hop on our slack http://tinyurl.com/haskelloveslack

λCheers
Ida Bzowska

Re: Haskell Love Conference (the 31st of July & 1st of August, 2020)

Andrew Martin
I don't know if I'll be able to attend or not, but the artwork of all the speakers' faces is wonderful!

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 11:31 AM Ida Bzowska <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi There!

We are organizing the online event on Haskell language https://haskell.love, free to attend. The CFP for the event has started (ends on the 1st of July, 2020), please consider joining https://konfy.care/cfp
Tickets (free) will be available soon, follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/_haskellove for the updates and feel free to hop on our slack http://tinyurl.com/haskelloveslack

λCheers
Ida Bzowska

-Andrew Thaddeus Martin

Re: Haskell Love Conference (the 31st of July & 1st of August, 2020)

Joachim Breitner-2
Hi,

Am Freitag, den 19.06.2020, 12:40 +0200 schrieb Ida Bzowska:
> Every speaker gets an avatar. If this thing will encourage you to take part in CFP, I assure you: you will get one!

I can't deny it does…

But the CFP could have a bit more information, e.g. suggested lengths
of talks, and how you will handle the technicalities – do speakers just screen-share with zoom?

Cheers,
Joachim

--
Joachim Breitner
  [hidden email]

Re: Haskell Love Conference (the 31st of July & 1st of August, 2020)

Ida Bzowska
Hi,

Indeed, that's a very accurate comment :) so we are waiting for 30 minutes long talks, but if you have a longer presentation in mind, we will try to be agile and make a schedule that will handle it. The presentation flow will be based on screen sharing for sure, but this time probably it would not be zoom (we used it previously https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0w_pITUTyU).
<3 We are still waiting for submissions (till the 1st of July). <3

λCheers,
Ida Bzowska

czw., 25 cze 2020 o 18:25 Joachim Breitner <[hidden email]> napisał(a):
Hi,

Am Freitag, den 19.06.2020, 12:40 +0200 schrieb Ida Bzowska:
> Every speaker gets an avatar. If this thing will encourage you to take part in CFP, I assure you: you will get one!

I can't deny it does…

But the CFP could have a bit more information, e.g. suggested lengths
of talks, and how you will handle the technicalities – do speakers just screen-share with zoom?

Cheers,
Joachim

--
Joachim Breitner
  [hidden email]
  http://www.joachim-breitner.de/

Re: Haskell Love Conference (the 31st of July & 1st of August, 2020)

Ida Bzowska
Hi there!

We have decided to extend the deadline for the submissions - CFP is open until July 8, 2020 https://konfy.care/cfp
Happy Haskelling! <3 <3 <3

λCheers
Ida Bzowska

pt., 26 cze 2020 o 13:39 Ida Bzowska <[hidden email]> napisał(a):
Hi,

Indeed, that's a very accurate comment :) so we are waiting for 30 minutes long talks, but if you have a longer presentation in mind, we will try to be agile and make a schedule that will handle it. The presentation flow will be based on screen sharing for sure, but this time probably it would not be zoom (we used it previously https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0w_pITUTyU).
<3 We are still waiting for submissions (till the 1st of July). <3

λCheers,
Ida Bzowska

czw., 25 cze 2020 o 18:25 Joachim Breitner <[hidden email]> napisał(a):
Hi,

Am Freitag, den 19.06.2020, 12:40 +0200 schrieb Ida Bzowska:
> Every speaker gets an avatar. If this thing will encourage you to take part in CFP, I assure you: you will get one!

I can't deny it does…

But the CFP could have a bit more information, e.g. suggested lengths
of talks, and how you will handle the technicalities – do speakers just screen-share with zoom?

Cheers,
Joachim

--
Joachim Breitner
  [hidden email]
  http://www.joachim-breitner.de/

Re: Haskell Love Conference (the 31st of July & 1st of August, 2020)

Ida Bzowska
Hey,

Quick reminder, you have less than 12 hours if you want to submit something (CFP is open until the 8th of July; 0:01 a.m. PDT). Good luck, I keep my fingers crossed for you!

λCheers,
Ida Bzowska

pt., 26 cze 2020 o 13:39 Ida Bzowska <[hidden email]> napisał(a):
Hi,

Indeed, that's a very accurate comment :) so we are waiting for 30 minutes long talks, but if you have a longer presentation in mind, we will try to be agile and make a schedule that will handle it. The presentation flow will be based on screen sharing for sure, but this time probably it would not be zoom (we used it previously https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0w_pITUTyU).
<3 We are still waiting for submissions (till the 1st of July). <3

λCheers,
Ida Bzowska

czw., 25 cze 2020 o 18:25 Joachim Breitner <[hidden email]> napisał(a):
Hi,

Am Freitag, den 19.06.2020, 12:40 +0200 schrieb Ida Bzowska:
> Every speaker gets an avatar. If this thing will encourage you to take part in CFP, I assure you: you will get one!

I can't deny it does…

But the CFP could have a bit more information, e.g. suggested lengths
of talks, and how you will handle the technicalities – do speakers just screen-share with zoom?

Cheers,
Joachim

--
Joachim Breitner
  [hidden email]
  http://www.joachim-breitner.de/

Re: Haskell Love Conference (the 31st of July & 1st of August, 2020)

Ida Bzowska
Hi there,

We just opened the registration! Grab a ticket (it's free!) https://www.eventbrite.com/e/haskell-love-tickets-113273839102
λCheers,