Haskell Numerics / Data Science at ICFP

Dominic Steinitz-2
Hello Fellow Haskellers,

The organisers of ICFP have very kindly given a room for anyone interested in Haskell Numerics / Data Science on Saturday 9th September 1230-1400. All are welcome and there will be a sign at the reception desk on Saturday morning.

I will present a few slides on what we currently have available in our armoury and what might be possible. I plan to spend less than 10 minutes on this. Trevor McDonell has kindly offered to say a few words on accelerate. If anyone wants to give a lightning talk please feel free.

Dominic Steinitz
[hidden email]
http://idontgetoutmuch.wordpress.com

Re: Haskell Numerics / Data Science at ICFP

Doug McIlroy
I won't be at ICFP, but would like to put in a reminder about
the shabbiness of GHC floating-point output conversion. When I
raised this issue once before, I got the surprising reaction
that speed was more important than accuracy.

Doug McIlroy

Re: Haskell Numerics / Data Science at ICFP

Dominic Steinitz-2
Hi Doug,

Thanks for pointing this out. I will raise it but is there a ticket or reference for this also?