Haskell Prime 2020 committee

Howard B. Golden
I request that the committee members create a Haskell Prime page on the Haskell wiki with capsule descriptions of their affiliations, Haskell experience and links to their home pages. I believe this will help make the process more transparent to the community. Thanks.

Howard

Re: Haskell Prime 2020 committee

Richard Eisenberg-2
Seems reasonable. I have started the page at https://wiki.haskell.org/Language/HaskellPrime

Richard

On Apr 28, 2016, at 12:52 PM, Howard B. Golden <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I request that the committee members create a Haskell Prime page on the Haskell wiki with capsule descriptions of their affiliations, Haskell experience and links to their home pages. I believe this will help make the process more transparent to the community. Thanks.
>
> Howard

Re: Haskell Prime 2020 committee

Antonio Nikishaev
Should it be under prime.haskell.org instead?

(I don't seem to be able to register there though, “Username doesn't match local naming policy.”)

-- lelf

> On 28 Apr 2016, at 21:45, Richard Eisenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Seems reasonable. I have started the page at https://wiki.haskell.org/Language/HaskellPrime
>
> Richard
>
> On Apr 28, 2016, at 12:52 PM, Howard B. Golden <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I request that the committee members create a Haskell Prime page on the Haskell wiki with capsule descriptions of their affiliations, Haskell experience and links to their home pages. I believe this will help make the process more transparent to the community. Thanks.
>>
>> Howard

-- lelf

Re: Haskell Prime 2020 committee

wren romano-2
On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 2:24 PM, Antonio Nikishaev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 28 Apr 2016, at 21:45, Richard Eisenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Seems reasonable. I have started the page at https://wiki.haskell.org/Language/HaskellPrime
>
> Should it be under prime.haskell.org instead?
>
> (I don't seem to be able to register there though, “Username doesn't match local naming policy.”)

The idea seems reasonable, but I also can't set up an account on the wiki...

--
Live well,
~wren

Re: Haskell Prime 2020 committee

José Manuel Calderón Trilla
There seems to be a minimum of 5 characters for a username, which was
giving me the “Username doesn't match local naming policy.” error.

I was able to make an account with a longer username, but I am not
able to edit the wiki. Unsure if it's some sort of anti-spam delay or
some other issue with permissions.

-Jose

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 5:13 PM, wren romano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 2:24 PM, Antonio Nikishaev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> On 28 Apr 2016, at 21:45, Richard Eisenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Seems reasonable. I have started the page at https://wiki.haskell.org/Language/HaskellPrime
>>
>> Should it be under prime.haskell.org instead?
>>
>> (I don't seem to be able to register there though, “Username doesn't match local naming policy.”)
>
> The idea seems reasonable, but I also can't set up an account on the wiki...
>

> --
> Live well,
> ~wren

Re: Haskell Prime 2020 committee

wren romano-2
On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 5:19 PM, José Manuel Calderón Trilla
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> There seems to be a minimum of 5 characters for a username, which was
> giving me the “Username doesn't match local naming policy.” error.
>
> I was able to make an account with a longer username, but I am not
> able to edit the wiki. Unsure if it's some sort of anti-spam delay or
> some other issue with permissions.

The issue I had wasn't about the local naming policy, but a
no-permissions error since I'm not an admin

--
Live well,
~wren

Re: Haskell Prime 2020 committee

Herbert Valerio Riedel-3
Hello,

On 2016-04-28 at 23:28:11 +0200, wren romano wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 5:19 PM, José Manuel Calderón Trilla
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> There seems to be a minimum of 5 characters for a username, which was
>> giving me the “Username doesn't match local naming policy.” error.
>>
>> I was able to make an account with a longer username, but I am not
>> able to edit the wiki. Unsure if it's some sort of anti-spam delay or
>> some other issue with permissions.
>
> The issue I had wasn't about the local naming policy, but a
> no-permissions error since I'm not an admin

The reason is that Prime's Trac instance has been traditionally locked
down to allow only prime members write access, as well as granting
temporary permissions to external contributors working on drafting
proposals.

If anyone is having troubles registering his/her preferred account-name, or
if you have already registered an account and need it granted actual
write-permissions, please reply to me privately, and I'll make it
happen asap!

Cheers,
  HVR

Re: Haskell Prime 2020 committee

M Farkas-Dyck-2
On 28/04/2016, wren romano <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 5:19 PM, José Manuel Calderón Trilla
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I was able to make an account with a longer username, but I am not
>> able to edit the wiki. Unsure if it's some sort of anti-spam delay or
>> some other issue with permissions.
>
> The issue I had wasn't about the local naming policy, but a
> no-permissions error since I'm not an admin

I can't see any edit links at all.

I'm "strake" on the wiki by the way.