Haskell Weekly News: Issue 155 - October 20, 2010 (Originally posted to Haskell-Cafe)

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Haskell Weekly News: Issue 155 - October 20, 2010 (Originally posted to Haskell-Cafe)

Daniel Santa Cruz
Hello all,

Malcolm Wallace noticed that I had not posted the HWN to this list,
and requested that I do so.
I realize that many of you are also following -Cafe, and I do
apologize if this is a bit spamish due
to that.  Hopefully some of you will find this useful.

-Daniel

 Welcome to issue 155 of the HWN, a newsletter covering developments in
  the [1]Haskell community in the week of October 10 - 16.

  This time around we again have 87 posts to HackageDB. Instead of
  posting the individual packages, we get to see and celebrate the 43
  people behind these efforts.

  Want to keep a close eye on the haskellers that lurk twitter? Don
  Steward made [2]a twitter list of tweeting haskellers! Let him know if
  you'd like to be added to the list.

  There were a total of 24 new stories posted to the Haskell Reddit
  channel, 27 new questions taged with Haskell in StackOverflow, and 408
  messages posted to Haskell-Cafe.

  So, what was hot last week?

Announcements

  Gregory Crosswhite is pleased to [3]announce the release of a family of
  packages for type-level natural numbers. He also [4]announced
  tagged-list, a package which provides fixed-length lists that are
  tagged with a phantom type-level natural number corresponding to the
  length.

  Janis Voigtlander [5]announced that it is time to collect contributions
  for the 19th edition of the Haskell Communities & Activities Report.
  The submission deadline is November 1, 2010.

  Alexander Solla [6]announced his new "Facts" library. The Facts
  hierarchy is meant to contain commonly used, relatively static facts
  about the "real world."

  Kevin Jardine [7]announced polyToMonoid: a library that supplies two
  very general polyvariadic functions that can map their arguments into
  any monoid you specify.

  Simon Hengel [8]announced a new version of DocTest. DocTest now uses
  Haddock for parsing of comments.

Interesting Threads on Haskell-Cafe

  Michael Snoyman [9]reported that Haskellers.com has become popular a
  lot falter that he anticipated. Read up on what changes are planned for
  Haskellers.com. Michael is very interested in some help with running
  the site.

  Jacek Generowicz [10]asked how to deal with dynamic dispatch on
  extensible sets of types.

  Uwe Schmidt [11]replied to a question about why HXT uses arrows as
  opposed to using monads. Good comments followed.

  Jason Dusek [12]asked if there is a way to write a Haskell data
  structure that is necessarily only one or two or seventeen items long;
  but that is nonetheless statically guaranteed to be of finite length?
  Twenty-three messages followed.

  Simon Thompson [13]annouced the availability of books for review for
  the Journal of Functonial Programming.

  Andrew Copping [14]summarized a report produced by Google Szwitzerland
  on taking a Python system and rewriting bits of it in Haskell, some of
  which is now in production use.

  Ben Franksen [15]ranted about the current "Haskell Blurb" on the first
  paragraph of haskell.org. Quite the read to end the week :)

Top Reddit Stories

 * Using Haskell’s ‘newtype’ in C
   Domain: blog.nelhage.com
   Score: 37, Comments: 5
   On Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/dptzh/using_haskells_newtype_in_c/
   Original: http://blog.nelhage.com/2010/10/using-haskells-newtype-in-c/

 * The Haskell theme: consistent visual branding for Haskell
   Domain: haskell.org
   Score: 34, Comments: 11
   On Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/dqiej/the_haskell_theme_consistent_visual_branding_for/
   Original: http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2010-October/084781.html

 * Haskellers: Survey results and new site features
   Domain: haskellers.com
   Score: 22, Comments: 6
   On Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/dr37b/haskellers_survey_results_and_new_site_features/
   Original: http://www.haskellers.com/news/1/

 * My Experience Learning Haskell
   Domain: blog.virtucal.com
   Score: 21, Comments: 6
   On Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/drgcz/my_experience_learning_haskell/
   Original: http://blog.virtucal.com/cyclical/2010/10/14/my-experience-learning-haskell.html

 * Invertible monads for exception handling and memory allocations
   Domain: docs.yesodweb.com
   Score: 21, Comments: 0
   On Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/drkdj/invertible_monads_for_exception_handling_and/
   Original: http://docs.yesodweb.com/blog/invertible-monads-exceptions-allocations/

 * Accelerating Haskell Array Codes with Multicore GPUs
   Domain: justtesting.org
   Score: 19, Comments: 0
   On Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/dq1yo/accelerating_haskell_array_codes_with_multicore/
   Original: http://justtesting.org/accelerating-haskell-array-codes-with-multico

 * Unicode text performance improvements
   Domain: serpentine.com
   Score: 17, Comments: 1
   On Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/drinz/unicode_text_performance_improvements/
   Original: http://www.serpentine.com/blog/2010/10/15/unicode-text-performance-improvements/

 * Like a coding challenge? Check out Code Quarterly!
   Domain: serpentine.com
   Score: 16, Comments: 9
   On Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/dpjgv/like_a_coding_challenge_check_out_code_quarterly/
   Original: http://www.serpentine.com/blog/2010/10/11/like-a-coding-challenge-check-out-code-quarterly/

 * C9 Lecture: Ralf Lämmel on Monads
   Domain: channel9.msdn.com
   Score: 16, Comments: 0
   On Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/dq614/c9_lecture_ralf_lämmel_on_monads/
   Original: http://channel9.msdn.com/Shows/Going+Deep/C9-Lectures-Dr-Ralf-Lmmel-AFP-The-Quick-Essence-of-Functional-Programming

 * Take the Haskellers.com survey
   Domain: spreadsheets.google.com
   Score: 15, Comments: 3
   On Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/dq7xj/take_the_haskellerscom_survey/
   Original: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dG8tcVhBdzRSS1lkdVV6U281emtRMWc6MQ

Top StackOverflow Questions

 * When is memoization automatic in GHC Haskell?
   Question (votes: 14, answers: 3)
   http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3951012/when-is-memoization-automatic-in-ghc-haskell

 * Why is my code using monadic lists from the List package so slow?
   Question (votes: 12, answers: 3)
   http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3916444/why-is-my-code-using-monadic-lists-from-the-list-package-so-slow

 * Haskell: lift vs liftIO
   Question (votes: 8, answers: 2)
   http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3921237/haskell-lift-vs-liftio

 * Can anyone suggest a good constraint library for Haskell?
   Question (votes: 8, answers: 2)
   http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3926656/can-anyone-suggest-a-good-constraint-library-for-haskell

 * Library function to compose a function with itself n times
   Question (votes: 6, answers: 4)
   http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3911060/library-function-to-compose-a-function-with-itself-n-times

 * Evaluation of a small math type language that supports one variable
   Question (votes: 5, answers: 1)
   http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3906231/evaluation-of-a-small-math-type-language-that-supports-one-variable

 * What's the difference of  a “class” in Haskell and in an “abstract
class” in OO language?
   Question (votes: 5, answers: 4)
   http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3938779/whats-the-difference-of-a-class-in-haskell-and-in-an-abstract-class-in-oo-l

 * Haskell and State
   Question (votes: 5, answers: 4)
   http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3944170/haskell-and-state

 * Can Haskell guard on abstract data types in a polymorphic function?
   Question (votes: 5, answers: 3)
   http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3944756/can-haskell-guard-on-abstract-data-types-in-a-polymorphic-function

 Quotes of the Week

  * pumpkin: sounds like a lot of work! it's easier for me to just
    bitch about it
  * OlegKiselyov: Haskell is inconsistent in yet another way.
  * monochrom: just add #! /usr/bin/runghc to your haskell file. then
    type errors occur at runtime only.
  * IIcke: [haskell] is like wearing a corset, at the beginning is
    annoying, but then your tits look bigger and the world becomes a
    better place

Contributors to HackageDB

  Who contributed, and how many uploads did they make?

  MichaelSnoyman (14), BryanOSullivan (11), GregoryCrosswhite (5),
  AndyStewart (5), GregoryCollins (4), JosePedroMagalhaes (3),
  StephenBlackheath (2), SjoerdVisscher (2), PaulTalaga (2), MichaelZuo (2),
  DanielDiaz (2), ConalElliott (2), AristidBreitkreuz (2),
  AlexanderSolla (2), YuriyIskra (1), VivianMcPhail (1), TristanSkudlik (1),
  TonyMorris (1), StephenTetley (1), SimonHengel (1), ReinierLamers (1),
  OlegBelozeorov (1), NeilMitchell (1), MaxBolingbroke (1),
  MatthiasBartsch (1), MatthewSottile (1), MasatakeDaimon (1),
  MarkSnyder (1), ManuelChakravarty (1), LeePike (1), KiYungAhn (1),
  KevinJardine (1), JustinBailey (1), IlyaPortnov (1), GeoffHulette (1),
  EugeneKirpichov (1), DonaldStewart (1), DanielSeidel (1), DanielSchoepe (1),
  CarlHowells (1), BenFranksen (1), ArieMiddelkoop (1), AlexSuraci (1)

About the Haskell Weekly News

  New editions are posted to [16]the Haskell mailing list as well as to
  [17]the Haskell Sequence and [18]Planet Haskell. [19]RSS is also
  available, and headlines appear on [20]haskell.org.

  To help create new editions of this newsletter, please send stories to
  dstcruz * at * gmail * dot * com. The code used to produce this version
  of the newsletter is not yet publicly available, as it is a complete
  hack designed to get things started again.

  Until next time,
  Daniel Santa Cruz

References

  1. http://haskell.org/
  2. http://twitter.com/#!/donsbot/haskellers
  3. http://groups.google.com/group/haskell-cafe/browse_thread/thread/c0071547638d7cb0
  4. http://groups.google.com/group/haskell-cafe/browse_thread/thread/ff95d6c78ded677f
  5. http://groups.google.com/group/haskell-cafe/msg/d9d227b0f38bcf51
  6. http://groups.google.com/group/haskell-cafe/browse_thread/thread/fc86bd03d091c4bf
  7. http://groups.google.com/group/haskell-cafe/browse_thread/thread/4ba5741441d7bb33
  8. http://groups.google.com/group/haskell-cafe/browse_thread/thread/7982f0ad3bc9ce1d
  9. http://groups.google.com/group/haskell-cafe/browse_thread/thread/2440a1683fe3e739
 10. http://groups.google.com/group/haskell-cafe/browse_thread/thread/f0a05dd5b58dc3d2
 11. http://groups.google.com/group/haskell-cafe/browse_thread/thread/38185e7ba6509563/c6063929f39a7197?#c6063929f39a7197
 12. http://groups.google.com/group/haskell-cafe/browse_thread/thread/7ba4b3b0386fb3d6
 13. http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/people/staff/sjt/JFP/available.html
 14. http://groups.google.com/group/haskell-cafe/browse_thread/thread/81707fea2b1568ee
 15. http://groups.google.com/group/haskell-cafe/browse_thread/thread/a7c7b569dd524934
 16. http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell
 17. http://sequence.complete.org/
 18. http://planet.haskell.org/
 19. http://sequence.complete.org/node/feed
 20. http://haskell.org/
_______________________________________________
Haskell mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Haskell Weekly News: Issue 155 - October 20, 2010 (Originally posted to Haskell-Cafe)

Simon Peyton Jones
| Malcolm Wallace noticed that I had not posted the HWN to this list,
| and requested that I do so.
| I realize that many of you are also following -Cafe, and I do
| apologize if this is a bit spamish due
| to that.  Hopefully some of you will find this useful.

Personally I welcome the Haskell Weekly News, and would love it to be posted to the Haskell list regularly.  It's not spam.  The bandwidth of Haskell-Cafe is too high for me, and HWN serves as a useful summary.

I suspect most people will agree, so perhaps (to avoid more spam) those who agree can sit tight, while anyone who definitely *doesn't* want to see HWN in their mailbox can sing out.  If there is significant disagreement we can discuss.  Until then, send it along, Daniel.  Thank you for doing it.

Simon
_______________________________________________
Haskell mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Haskell Weekly News: Issue 155 - October 20, 2010 (Originally posted to Haskell-Cafe)

Colin Paul Adams
>>>>> "Simon" == Simon Peyton-Jones <[hidden email]> writes:

    Simon> Personally I welcome the Haskell Weekly News, and would love
    Simon> it to be posted to the Haskell list regularly.  It's not
    Simon> spam.  The bandwidth of Haskell-Cafe is too high for me, and
    Simon> HWN serves as a useful summary.

    Simon> I suspect most people will agree

I do. But note I also subscribe to the cafe.

The annoying thing is people cross-post to both lists, which IS
spamming, IMHO.
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire
()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org   - against proprietary attachments
_______________________________________________
Haskell mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Haskell Weekly News: Issue 155 - October 20, 2010 (Originally posted to Haskell-Cafe)

Johan Tibell-2
On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Colin Paul Adams
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I do. But note I also subscribe to the cafe.
>
> The annoying thing is people cross-post to both lists, which IS
> spamming, IMHO.

A good email client (like Gmail), deals with this without a problem by
collapsing the two emails into one.
_______________________________________________
Haskell mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Haskell Weekly News: Issue 155 - October 20, 2010 (Originally posted to Haskell-Cafe)

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
On 22 October 2010 21:53, Johan Tibell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Colin Paul Adams
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I do. But note I also subscribe to the cafe.
>>
>> The annoying thing is people cross-post to both lists, which IS
>> spamming, IMHO.
>
> A good email client (like Gmail), deals with this without a problem by
> collapsing the two emails into one.

GMail does tend to abuse stuff like this as well.

However, if you check your mailing list subscription settings you can
also get it to only send one email when you're subscribed to multiple
lists IIRC.

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
[hidden email]
IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com
_______________________________________________
Haskell mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Haskell Weekly News: Issue 155 - October 20, 2010 (Originally posted to Haskell-Cafe)

Ketil Malde-5
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic <[hidden email]> writes:

>> A good email client (like Gmail), deals with this without a problem by
>> collapsing the two emails into one.

This is correct, of course.  I can fix it, if I get annoyed enough.
Unfortunately, evidence seems to indicate that the annoyed of us tend to
fix it by unsubscribing from the haskell list, thus potentially missing
some important stuff that isn't crossposted.

> However, if you check your mailing list subscription settings you can
> also get it to only send one email when you're subscribed to multiple
> lists IIRC.

I have checked the "Avoid duplicates" option in Mailman, but I think it
only looks for my person address in the address fields - I certainly do
get duplicates.

-k
--
If I haven't seen further, it is by standing in the footprints of giants
_______________________________________________
Haskell mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Haskell Weekly News: Issue 155 - October 20, 2010 (Originally posted to Haskell-Cafe)

Marc A. Ziegert
In reply to this post by Daniel Santa Cruz
(Not really Haiku form:)

Haskell Weekly News, finally back!
Nooo, they just hid in the café!?
So many to catch up... 3.


Oh, I'm so happy!
Daniel! Thanks!

- Marc





Am Thursday 21 October 2010 schrieb Daniel Santa Cruz:

> Hello all,
>
> Malcolm Wallace noticed that I had not posted the HWN to this list,
> and requested that I do so.
> I realize that many of you are also following -Cafe, and I do
> apologize if this is a bit spamish due
> to that.  Hopefully some of you will find this useful.
>
> -Daniel
>
>  Welcome to issue 155 of the HWN, a newsletter covering developments in
>   the [1]Haskell community in the week of October 10 - 16.
>
>   This time around we again have 87 posts to HackageDB. Instead of
>   posting the individual packages, we get to see and celebrate the 43
>   people behind these efforts.
>
>   Want to keep a close eye on the haskellers that lurk twitter? Don
>   Steward made [2]a twitter list of tweeting haskellers! Let him know if
>   you'd like to be added to the list.
>
>   There were a total of 24 new stories posted to the Haskell Reddit
>   channel, 27 new questions taged with Haskell in StackOverflow, and 408
>   messages posted to Haskell-Cafe.
>
>   So, what was hot last week?
>
> Announcements
>
>   Gregory Crosswhite is pleased to [3]announce the release of a family of
>   packages for type-level natural numbers. He also [4]announced
>   tagged-list, a package which provides fixed-length lists that are
>   tagged with a phantom type-level natural number corresponding to the
>   length.
>
>   Janis Voigtlander [5]announced that it is time to collect contributions
>   for the 19th edition of the Haskell Communities & Activities Report.
>   The submission deadline is November 1, 2010.
>
>   Alexander Solla [6]announced his new "Facts" library. The Facts
>   hierarchy is meant to contain commonly used, relatively static facts
>   about the "real world."
>
>   Kevin Jardine [7]announced polyToMonoid: a library that supplies two
>   very general polyvariadic functions that can map their arguments into
>   any monoid you specify.
>
>   Simon Hengel [8]announced a new version of DocTest. DocTest now uses
>   Haddock for parsing of comments.
>
> Interesting Threads on Haskell-Cafe
>
>   Michael Snoyman [9]reported that Haskellers.com has become popular a
>   lot falter that he anticipated. Read up on what changes are planned for
>   Haskellers.com. Michael is very interested in some help with running
>   the site.
>
>   Jacek Generowicz [10]asked how to deal with dynamic dispatch on
>   extensible sets of types.
>
>   Uwe Schmidt [11]replied to a question about why HXT uses arrows as
>   opposed to using monads. Good comments followed.
>
>   Jason Dusek [12]asked if there is a way to write a Haskell data
>   structure that is necessarily only one or two or seventeen items long;
>   but that is nonetheless statically guaranteed to be of finite length?
>   Twenty-three messages followed.
>
>   Simon Thompson [13]annouced the availability of books for review for
>   the Journal of Functonial Programming.
>
>   Andrew Copping [14]summarized a report produced by Google Szwitzerland
>   on taking a Python system and rewriting bits of it in Haskell, some of
>   which is now in production use.
>
>   Ben Franksen [15]ranted about the current "Haskell Blurb" on the first
>   paragraph of haskell.org. Quite the read to end the week :)
>
> Top Reddit Stories
>
>  * Using Haskell’s ‘newtype’ in C
>    Domain: blog.nelhage.com
>    Score: 37, Comments: 5
>    On Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/dptzh/using_haskells_newtype_in_c/
>    Original: http://blog.nelhage.com/2010/10/using-haskells-newtype-in-c/
>
>  * The Haskell theme: consistent visual branding for Haskell
>    Domain: haskell.org
>    Score: 34, Comments: 11
>    On Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/dqiej/the_haskell_theme_consistent_visual_branding_for/
>    Original: http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2010-October/084781.html
>
>  * Haskellers: Survey results and new site features
>    Domain: haskellers.com
>    Score: 22, Comments: 6
>    On Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/dr37b/haskellers_survey_results_and_new_site_features/
>    Original: http://www.haskellers.com/news/1/
>
>  * My Experience Learning Haskell
>    Domain: blog.virtucal.com
>    Score: 21, Comments: 6
>    On Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/drgcz/my_experience_learning_haskell/
>    Original: http://blog.virtucal.com/cyclical/2010/10/14/my-experience-learning-haskell.html
>
>  * Invertible monads for exception handling and memory allocations
>    Domain: docs.yesodweb.com
>    Score: 21, Comments: 0
>    On Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/drkdj/invertible_monads_for_exception_handling_and/
>    Original: http://docs.yesodweb.com/blog/invertible-monads-exceptions-allocations/
>
>  * Accelerating Haskell Array Codes with Multicore GPUs
>    Domain: justtesting.org
>    Score: 19, Comments: 0
>    On Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/dq1yo/accelerating_haskell_array_codes_with_multicore/
>    Original: http://justtesting.org/accelerating-haskell-array-codes-with-multico
>
>  * Unicode text performance improvements
>    Domain: serpentine.com
>    Score: 17, Comments: 1
>    On Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/drinz/unicode_text_performance_improvements/
>    Original: http://www.serpentine.com/blog/2010/10/15/unicode-text-performance-improvements/
>
>  * Like a coding challenge? Check out Code Quarterly!
>    Domain: serpentine.com
>    Score: 16, Comments: 9
>    On Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/dpjgv/like_a_coding_challenge_check_out_code_quarterly/
>    Original: http://www.serpentine.com/blog/2010/10/11/like-a-coding-challenge-check-out-code-quarterly/
>
>  * C9 Lecture: Ralf Lämmel on Monads
>    Domain: channel9.msdn.com
>    Score: 16, Comments: 0
>    On Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/dq614/c9_lecture_ralf_lämmel_on_monads/
>    Original: http://channel9.msdn.com/Shows/Going+Deep/C9-Lectures-Dr-Ralf-Lmmel-AFP-The-Quick-Essence-of-Functional-Programming
>
>  * Take the Haskellers.com survey
>    Domain: spreadsheets.google.com
>    Score: 15, Comments: 3
>    On Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/dq7xj/take_the_haskellerscom_survey/
>    Original: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dG8tcVhBdzRSS1lkdVV6U281emtRMWc6MQ
>
> Top StackOverflow Questions
>
>  * When is memoization automatic in GHC Haskell?
>    Question (votes: 14, answers: 3)
>    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3951012/when-is-memoization-automatic-in-ghc-haskell
>
>  * Why is my code using monadic lists from the List package so slow?
>    Question (votes: 12, answers: 3)
>    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3916444/why-is-my-code-using-monadic-lists-from-the-list-package-so-slow
>
>  * Haskell: lift vs liftIO
>    Question (votes: 8, answers: 2)
>    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3921237/haskell-lift-vs-liftio
>
>  * Can anyone suggest a good constraint library for Haskell?
>    Question (votes: 8, answers: 2)
>    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3926656/can-anyone-suggest-a-good-constraint-library-for-haskell
>
>  * Library function to compose a function with itself n times
>    Question (votes: 6, answers: 4)
>    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3911060/library-function-to-compose-a-function-with-itself-n-times
>
>  * Evaluation of a small math type language that supports one variable
>    Question (votes: 5, answers: 1)
>    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3906231/evaluation-of-a-small-math-type-language-that-supports-one-variable
>
>  * What's the difference of  a “class” in Haskell and in an “abstract
> class” in OO language?
>    Question (votes: 5, answers: 4)
>    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3938779/whats-the-difference-of-a-class-in-haskell-and-in-an-abstract-class-in-oo-l
>
>  * Haskell and State
>    Question (votes: 5, answers: 4)
>    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3944170/haskell-and-state
>
>  * Can Haskell guard on abstract data types in a polymorphic function?
>    Question (votes: 5, answers: 3)
>    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3944756/can-haskell-guard-on-abstract-data-types-in-a-polymorphic-function
>
>  Quotes of the Week
>
>   * pumpkin: sounds like a lot of work! it's easier for me to just
>     bitch about it
>   * OlegKiselyov: Haskell is inconsistent in yet another way.
>   * monochrom: just add #! /usr/bin/runghc to your haskell file. then
>     type errors occur at runtime only.
>   * IIcke: [haskell] is like wearing a corset, at the beginning is
>     annoying, but then your tits look bigger and the world becomes a
>     better place
>
> Contributors to HackageDB
>
>   Who contributed, and how many uploads did they make?
>
>   MichaelSnoyman (14), BryanOSullivan (11), GregoryCrosswhite (5),
>   AndyStewart (5), GregoryCollins (4), JosePedroMagalhaes (3),
>   StephenBlackheath (2), SjoerdVisscher (2), PaulTalaga (2), MichaelZuo (2),
>   DanielDiaz (2), ConalElliott (2), AristidBreitkreuz (2),
>   AlexanderSolla (2), YuriyIskra (1), VivianMcPhail (1), TristanSkudlik (1),
>   TonyMorris (1), StephenTetley (1), SimonHengel (1), ReinierLamers (1),
>   OlegBelozeorov (1), NeilMitchell (1), MaxBolingbroke (1),
>   MatthiasBartsch (1), MatthewSottile (1), MasatakeDaimon (1),
>   MarkSnyder (1), ManuelChakravarty (1), LeePike (1), KiYungAhn (1),
>   KevinJardine (1), JustinBailey (1), IlyaPortnov (1), GeoffHulette (1),
>   EugeneKirpichov (1), DonaldStewart (1), DanielSeidel (1), DanielSchoepe (1),
>   CarlHowells (1), BenFranksen (1), ArieMiddelkoop (1), AlexSuraci (1)
>
> About the Haskell Weekly News
>
>   New editions are posted to [16]the Haskell mailing list as well as to
>   [17]the Haskell Sequence and [18]Planet Haskell. [19]RSS is also
>   available, and headlines appear on [20]haskell.org.
>
>   To help create new editions of this newsletter, please send stories to
>   dstcruz * at * gmail * dot * com. The code used to produce this version
>   of the newsletter is not yet publicly available, as it is a complete
>   hack designed to get things started again.
>
>   Until next time,
>   Daniel Santa Cruz
>
> References
>
>   1. http://haskell.org/
>   2. http://twitter.com/#!/donsbot/haskellers
>   3. http://groups.google.com/group/haskell-cafe/browse_thread/thread/c0071547638d7cb0
>   4. http://groups.google.com/group/haskell-cafe/browse_thread/thread/ff95d6c78ded677f
>   5. http://groups.google.com/group/haskell-cafe/msg/d9d227b0f38bcf51
>   6. http://groups.google.com/group/haskell-cafe/browse_thread/thread/fc86bd03d091c4bf
>   7. http://groups.google.com/group/haskell-cafe/browse_thread/thread/4ba5741441d7bb33
>   8. http://groups.google.com/group/haskell-cafe/browse_thread/thread/7982f0ad3bc9ce1d
>   9. http://groups.google.com/group/haskell-cafe/browse_thread/thread/2440a1683fe3e739
>  10. http://groups.google.com/group/haskell-cafe/browse_thread/thread/f0a05dd5b58dc3d2
>  11. http://groups.google.com/group/haskell-cafe/browse_thread/thread/38185e7ba6509563/c6063929f39a7197?#c6063929f39a7197
>  12. http://groups.google.com/group/haskell-cafe/browse_thread/thread/7ba4b3b0386fb3d6
>  13. http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/people/staff/sjt/JFP/available.html
>  14. http://groups.google.com/group/haskell-cafe/browse_thread/thread/81707fea2b1568ee
>  15. http://groups.google.com/group/haskell-cafe/browse_thread/thread/a7c7b569dd524934
>  16. http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell
>  17. http://sequence.complete.org/
>  18. http://planet.haskell.org/
>  19. http://sequence.complete.org/node/feed
>  20. http://haskell.org/
> _______________________________________________
> Haskell mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell
>

_______________________________________________
Haskell mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell

signature.asc (205 bytes) Download Attachment