[Haskell-begin] Book Suggestion

Steve Klabnik
Chad-

I recently purchased "The Haskell School of Expression" by Paul Hudak.

http://books.google.com/books?id=lQbth9j5j9oC&dq=the+haskell+school+of+expression&pg=PP1&ots=JPct_cBYJH&sig=Hr3Wz2vqZ5a-TjBoJkxE9QgWPuk&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result

I felt that it was a pretty decent introduction to the language. However, I
was disappointed by its use of an (apparently) Win32 only library. While I
haven't found the time to work through the exercises, that's what the book
said. This may have changed. I plan on working through the book again in a
few weeks after my summer classes are over.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

[Haskell-begin] Book Suggestion

Steve Klabnik
> http://haskell.org/soe/software1.htm
>
> I have the graphics library running fine under linux, I haven't got to
> music yet. I found that the SOEGraphics module was actually called
> SOE, and comes with the SOE source.

Excellent. When it comes time to start, that'll help a lot, thank you.

-Steve
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

[Haskell-begin] Book Suggestion

Jeff Zaroyko
Steve Klabnik <steve.klabnik <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Chad- I recently purchased "The Haskell School of Expression" by Paul
Hudak.http://books.google.com/books?id=lQbth9j5j9oC&dq=the+haskell+school+of+expression&pg=PP1&ots=JPct_cBYJH&sig=Hr3Wz2vqZ5a-TjBoJkxE9QgWPuk&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=resultI
felt that it was a pretty decent introduction to the language. However, I was
disappointed by its use of an (apparently) Win32 only library.

The updated library can be found here http://haskell.org/soe/

Jeff