Haskell conferences in Europe

Damian Nadales
Hi,

Do you know of any Haskell conferences in Europe for 2016/2017? Also,
do you know if there is a centralized place where this information can
be found?

Thanks in advance,
Damian.

Re: Haskell conferences in Europe

Tom Ellis
On Fri, Sep 09, 2016 at 04:34:33PM +0200, Damian Nadales wrote:
> Do you know of any Haskell conferences in Europe for 2016/2017?

Haskell eXchange (London) is on 6th and 7th October 2016:

    https://skillsmatter.com/conferences/7276-haskell-exchange-2016

(I'm a bit surprised I haven't seen it advertised on this list yet.)

Tom

Re: Haskell conferences in Europe

Damian Nadales
On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 4:38 PM, Tom Ellis
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 09, 2016 at 04:34:33PM +0200, Damian Nadales wrote:
>> Do you know of any Haskell conferences in Europe for 2016/2017?
>
> Haskell eXchange (London) is on 6th and 7th October 2016:
>
>     https://skillsmatter.com/conferences/7276-haskell-exchange-2016
>
> (I'm a bit surprised I haven't seen it advertised on this list yet.)

Indeed. That's the first match I got in Google. I'll do my best to be there!

Thanks.

> Tom

Re: Haskell conferences in Europe

Dominic Mulligan
Not restricted to Haskell, but: the fourth iteration of the South of
England Regional Programming Languages Seminar is being held at
Imperial College on 27th September (details, and a list of accepted
talks is available here: http://srepls4.doc.ic.ac.uk/).  Attendance
and lunch is free provided you fill out the Doodle poll on the meeting
website beforehand, and many of the talks and will be of interest to
Haskellers and other functional programmers, as anybody on this list
who has attended previous iterations can hopefully attest.

On 9 September 2016 at 15:34, Damian Nadales <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do you know of any Haskell conferences in Europe for 2016/2017? Also,
> do you know if there is a centralized place where this information can
> be found?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Damian.

Re: Haskell conferences in Europe

Malcolm Wallace-2
Also, ICFP 2017 and associated workshops (e.g. Haskell Symposium) will be in Oxford, UK, Sun 3 - Sat 9 September 2017.  Fuller information will probably appear on http://www.icfpconference.org shortly after this year's ICFP in Japan concludes, in a couple of weeks time.

Regards,
    Malcolm

On 9 Sep 2016, at 15:53, Dominic Mulligan wrote:

> Not restricted to Haskell, but: the fourth iteration of the South of
> England Regional Programming Languages Seminar is being held at
> Imperial College on 27th September (details, and a list of accepted
> talks is available here: http://srepls4.doc.ic.ac.uk/).  Attendance
> and lunch is free provided you fill out the Doodle poll on the meeting
> website beforehand, and many of the talks and will be of interest to
> Haskellers and other functional programmers, as anybody on this list
> who has attended previous iterations can hopefully attest.
>
> On 9 September 2016 at 15:34, Damian Nadales <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Do you know of any Haskell conferences in Europe for 2016/2017? Also,
>> do you know if there is a centralized place where this information can
>> be found?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Damian.

Re: Haskell conferences in Europe

Joachim Breitner-2

Am Freitag, den 09.09.2016, 16:34 +0200 schrieb Damian Nadales:
> Do you know of any Haskell conferences in Europe for 2016/2017? Also,
> do you know if there is a centralized place where this information
> can be found?

just next week, there is HAL:
http://hal2016.haskell.org/

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim “nomeata” Breitner
  [hidden email]https://www.joachim-breitner.de/

Re: Haskell conferences in Europe

Damian Nadales
Thank you all for your answers. Also, feel free to update the wiki if necessary:
    https://wiki.haskell.org/Conferences

I hope I can make it to any of these.

Best,
Damian.