Haskell-language-server is looking for a logo

Haskell-language-server is looking for a logo

Alan & Kim Zimmerman
Hi all,

The haskell language server is coming up for its first birthday in January.  To celebrate we would like to collectively choose a logo.

So if you have a creative streak and would like to donate a lasting contribution to the project, please submit for consideration at [1].

We will aim to close the judging on 25 Jan 2021, being the anniversary of the Bristol Hackathon[2] where HLS was born.

Alan

Re: Haskell-language-server is looking for a logo

Albert Krewinkel-2
Alan & Kim Zimmerman writes:

> The haskell language server is coming up for its first birthday in
> January.  To celebrate we would like to collectively choose a logo.
>
> So if you have a creative streak and would like to donate a lasting
> contribution to the project, please submit for consideration at [1].

You could also post this as a "job" on the Open Source Design board, a
community dedicated to help open source projects with their designs.
https://opensourcedesign.net/

Cheers,
Albert

--
Albert Krewinkel
GPG: 8eed e3e2 e8c5 6f18 81fe  e836 388d c0b2 1f63 1124

Re: Haskell-language-server is looking for a logo

Carter Schonwald
“Cause Haskell language server gives you wings! “ — joke brief for logo design? :)

On Wed, Dec 23, 2020 at 1:25 PM Albert Krewinkel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Alan & Kim Zimmerman writes:

> The haskell language server is coming up for its first birthday in
> January.  To celebrate we would like to collectively choose a logo.
>
> So if you have a creative streak and would like to donate a lasting
> contribution to the project, please submit for consideration at [1].

You could also post this as a "job" on the Open Source Design board, a
community dedicated to help open source projects with their designs.
https://opensourcedesign.net/

Cheers,
Albert

--
Albert Krewinkel
GPG: 8eed e3e2 e8c5 6f18 81fe  e836 388d c0b2 1f63 1124

Re: Haskell-language-server is looking for a logo

MarLinn

Something with "wings", you say.

Something that represents the "magic" of HLS, you say.

Something that shows an obvious relation to the Haskell roots, you say.

Say no more.

Definitely not based on exactly 7 minutes of research and obviously made with all the skills and seriousness I could muster, I give you:

abominable
        cross of a lambda symbol and a witch on a broom stick

Sorry, had to get that out of my system. Maybe it gets some creative juices flowing or something, who knows…

Cheers and happy holidays!

Re: Haskell-language-server is looking for a logo

Ida Bzowska
Hey,
Maybe something about Bristol (to commemorate the Hackathon)? - I know that Bristol is famous for hot air balloons; so why not make the logo simple:
branded hot air balloon? (note: I'm not a designer :D ).
logo.png
λCheers
Ida Bzowska