Haskell on Windows instructions - is MinGHC version update needed?

Haskell on Windows instructions - is MinGHC version update needed?

Howard B. Golden
Hi,

Currently, the Haskell website's Windows download page (https://www.haskell.org/downloads/windows) offers two alternatives, MinGHC and Haskell Platform. The MinGHC alternative has a link to MinGHC-7.8.3 installer. Should this be updated to MinGHC-7.8.4? I ask this because Long Term Support Haskell 2.3 is now using GHC 7.8.4. If you want to update the link, you only need to change the URL from 7.8.3 to 7.8.4.

Howard

Re: Haskell on Windows instructions - is MinGHC version update needed?

Dan Burton
+1 please update 7.8.3 -> 7.8.4. Consider also providing the minghc-7.10.1 link as well. Or just link to the github readme, which has these options and various relevant explanations:

n.b. for some reason Howard's email landed in my spam box.

-- Dan Burton